Engine Help!!

I have a 98 V6 that has 180,00 on the motor so i am looking to replace the engine.. I stumbled across someone in my area selling two complete engines. One is a 96 3.8L with 19K and the other is a 351W with 30k. Now both engines are complete from top to bottom and the 351W is EFI but he also has all the parts to convert to carb. MY MAIN purpose for this thread is to get people opinions on which motor to get because the price difference between the 2 is $125.

I have to start replacing parts on the car anyway since everything is original on the car...i.e suspension, rear end, etc... so take that into consideration. This would be my first major project swap on a car so any information on what else i would need to do in order to make the 351W work would help!!!

Again can't make up my mind between the two.. would like some help

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, go with the 3.8. It's the same as whats in your stang now. The stock wiring harness you have can be used with the other 3.8 so it's just a simple in and out. With the 351, you will have to gut most of the 3.8 wiring and then install all the wiring for the 351 .. wiring is the biggest PITA out of an engine swap. SO unless you REALLY want that 351, stick with the 3.8.

What's wrong with your current 3.8? Besides it having 180,000 miles on the clock.

the engine is ok. its just tired.. the seals are all shot and you can see on the engine itself where oil is getting on it.. there is tremendous rust and i'm sure the internals could use an upgrade. I would just rebuild my motor but i don't have the luxury of a third vehicle to drive while i have the motor pulled apart on an engine stand