Engine Troubles

Hey Guys,

I have a 93' Lx Convertible (n/a) and I just put a Pace Setter header on it. Now, th reason I did that was because the transmission was getting rebuilt and I thought as long as I was doing that, might as well sneak a header in there. It is the a4ld incase your woundering. Now that the header is on, It hasnt been running like it used to. It is really slow off the line and if you punch the gas, it hardly moves. I dont know if its because the computer has been powered off for a while, or something to do with the O2 sensor. Let me know what you guys think.

• Sponsors (?)

babybudistmonk said:
It is really slow off the line and if you punch the gas, it hardly moves. .

I thought that is how they came stock j/k :D

Anyways, I would run a code check, both Key on and Key off. Also double check your soidering on that extended wire(s) to the O2 sensor, it could be a cold joint. While you're under the hood, check for vaccum leaks, the A4LD has a single vaccum tube on it. I'm sure thats not the issue but you always want to check the simple crap first ;)

babybudistmonk said:
no need to worry about the converters, there gone. Would new spark plugs and wires help? I know the wires have never been changed, and I doubt the plugs have been.

The problem is, the car was running good before you got the trans rebuilt ( minus what the A4LD was doing) and the header installed. I'm willing to bet the problem is some how connected to this stuff and nothing else.

>check the transmession fluid level
>Check the vaccum lines to the A4LD
>run code checks
>double check that O2 sensor you got the wires right etc
>try driving the car in 3rd gear instead of over drive. ( my 93' sucked butt taking off with the shifter in over drive. I had to manual shift it to over drive once I got about 40 mph.)