Event Data Recorder (Black box).. thoughts?

so just out of curiosity who is excited about having a black box that records everything you do in your vehicle? i know for sure i am... sounds extra sweet for emission states! now they just need to add gps!! i took my 06 in a couple months ago for some recall work and the tech asked about several "test passes" that he somehow found.. lame =/

• Sponsors (?)

My understanding about the "Black Box" is that it records the last thirty seconds of your driving, just an endless tape, mph, breaking, G forces, engine RPM, etc. It is mostly used for accidents, I wasn't speeding when that car pulled out in front of me officer, and I
T-boned it. Wooops, Was I going 97mph?

My understanding about the "Black Box" is that it records the last thirty seconds of your driving, just an endless tape, mph, breaking, G forces, engine RPM, etc. It is mostly used for accidents, I wasn't speeding when that car pulled out in front of me officer, and I
T-boned it. Wooops, Was I going 97mph?

That sucks too

Yes that would suck if you were going 97, But how about if you were going the speed limit and the mayors 2 kids pulled out in front of you and said you were speeding. You have no chance in court except the box.

No to the black box, , no to any form of tracking or keeping tabs on any one, including cell phones. The argument it will help just does not cut it. Do you really want someone to know where you are and what you are doing?