exhaust help plz

04gtboy

Nov 27, 2005
well i put on my bbk o/r x and my am thunder cat i like the loudness butttttttttt i dont like the tin sound about 2500 -3000 will putin on my stock h fix this and still give me a good sound or should i weld in a couple of high flow cats if i do that will i still need the MIL elimanators got alot of money in it now hate to waste it :Damnit:

• Sponsors (?)

I've never been a big fan of the X sound but you do get a little better increas in power from it. As for the Prochamber, in my opinion, it is a good option. You may be able to trade your X for anothe pipe.

well IMO I would get a difffernt midpipe or get different muffler. cats are exensive and are a consumable. they don't last forever. IF you don't need them don't run them.

chambered muffers have a resonances that can get nasty with x-pipe proably do to it loction in the system. I would think any muffler like mac, spintech, flowmaster coupled with the wrong x-pipe could have some issues.

a strait through muffer like borla, bassani, magnaflow, etc (which ever flavor you prefer) tend to be a little more friendly to the x-pipe. Although most aftermarket exhaust will drone and not cats will be a louder exhaust and will drone more than something with cats that is quiter.

Now I have read that the dr gas x-pipe sound great with flows. It's crossover is closer to the manifold so maybe the resonace is at a lower rpm or something that is not noticable at cuise speed. I think flowtech makes one like this as well. Dr. gas is also supposed to be the best power producing pipe so that may be the way to go for you. I think you can find some clips if you search. I am not a flow man due to thier resonance so I have never bothered to really listen to them but have seen them posted

I am partial to x-pipes because they have better scavanging and if properly desinged should produce more power. I mean people spend $200 for a CAI to get 2-3hp you may as well maximize the money.

Go ahead and put the stock H back on and see how it sounds, it should't sound to bad. At least this way you no you already tried it and didn't cost you a dime. If you still dont like the sound I would try a differnt X pipe. I heard a lot of good things about UPR, in fact Right now they have 20% off until x-mas using coupon code UPRMC05. Its only like $120 after the coupon. I just ordered mine about 15 Mins ago.

I hear and smell ya! Like 3 blocks away!

I'm going through the same process right now.
My BBK o/r x is too loud for me past 22-2300 RPM's and the smell is awful.

Last night I opted to order high flow cats from Summit Racing, because I don't want to go back to the lame stock H with 4 cats. The high flows were 53 and change, each. The total bill was like $116.00. That's not bad, to me, to maintain the benefits of the X-pipe, along with muffs that don't build up excessive backpressure.

If you have the patience to sell your used parts on E-bay, you might want to try to sell your BBK. I opted to keep mine and adapt to it.

Good luck.