Exhaust Manifold Bolt Removal

Is there a particular spray or some liquid to help aid the removal of some exhaust manifold bolts with out breaking. I have to replace one of the exhaust gaskets/passenger side and I have read horror stories in the past years about the bolt breaking etc, and would like to do it once if possible:rlaugh:, also if I am successful would you use the same bolts?:nice::flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I've never had one break before.BUT,you can spray some PB Blaster on them and let them soak for a while.If the bolts worry you that much,you should grab a quality set of new header bolts and replace them while you're doing the gasket swap.

I've never had one break either. If anything, the heating and cooling cycles tends to keep the bolts from rusting in the head due to expansion and contraction. I have probs with them loosening up all the time because of this.

Soak with PB blaster, then give them a few whacks in the tighten direction before trying to loosen the bolts. They usually come out for me. Just make sure you have a quality wrench or socket to prevent from rounding the head