Exhaust Project

Ok, i think i have decited on the set up im going to be going with. Oringailly i wanted to go with Kooks headers, they did the whole exhaust on my tbird and it was mint, However 1, they are no longer on long island, 2 their headers are over a grand. So Im going to be going with Pypes Long Tube headers, Pypes High-Flow Cats, H-Pipe and im going to be using Flowmasters, but im not sure which mufflers to go with, Im Torn between the Original 40, Super 40 or Super 44, i want a deep angry loud exhaust. finishing with 3" Round Chrome tips, anyone with any suggestions on the muffler selection?

• Sponsors (?)

Original 40's will have the most classic muscle car sound, and they are pretty loud. Super 40 and Super 44 will both flow better though. I know the Super 40's are based on their Delta Flow technology, and they sound pretty nice outside of the car, but they are a lot quieter on the inside than the classic 40's. Don't have any personal experience with the Super 44's on the inside, but they sound good on the outside of the car.

I'd go with a 3.5" tip though. I have 3" tips with my Mac catback and they would definitely fill the cutouts better if they were 3.5".

American Muscle has Pypes headers on sale right now for $380ish.

Summit has them cheaper i think, thats where i found them, i also heard 50 series flows on a stang, sounded mean but there arent enough applications on you-tube to really get an idea on how they sound, i will prolly go with the original 40's

The cams are Comp Cams 262's they are great but I think I'm going to upgrade to the 270's next time. The whistling is from the stupid trickflow plenum unfortunately...Planning on making that a legit whistle sound this summer :)

I really dislike Flowmasters, but if I had to pick, I would go with the 10 Series. To me, those produce a more classic sound than any of the 40 Series mufflers.

As for Kooks, I heard they are under different ownership and their parts aren't crafted as well. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, though.