Factory wheels but wider.....

Az Pete

10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
Panama City, Fl.
I don't really want to get rid of the factory 17's (I like them) with the silver painted spokes but.....I would also like a wider tire in the rear. Is there a rim out there that is the match for the factory ones I have but made wider? Also, what are my options as for max tire size on the factory 17x8's? I don't see much in tire options that are worth buying. BTW, only light mods in the future, CAI, tuner & the exhaust is now done with the muffler delete option and 4" tips.

• Sponsors (?)

Several companies make OEM replica Bullitts in 17", but the spokes are slightly different than the OEM spokes(usualy broader and flater than aftermarket). As far as tire width on the 8" wheel...I wouldn't go any wider than a 255 for the front and a 265 or 275 on the rear.

My man, that is a handy link, I also like my factory GT/CS 18" wheels and want some fatty's on the rear. May God bless you my child !!!!!!!!!! Your handier than a handle on an outhouse door ha ha.

Just when I was laughing and dismissing as impossible the widening/narrowing feature on Need For Speed Pro Street I run into this.

That has to be one hell of a craftsmanship do that AND keep the whole setup balanced.