Fastest 5.0 (pushrod) Kenne Bell Mustang?

X-pipe and mufflers from headers back
DSC00100.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

So at this point we are on hold as the pushrods we used before are to short. The Jessel set up is going to require a pushrod .250 longer. And since we could go no further on the engine, we took apart the rear suspension to check out the condition of the heim joints/spherical rod ends, and yes they are shot. So new pushrods are on order as well as the new heim joints ect. With Walters work schedule factored in, it will be the weekend of March 17/18 before the engine is up and running and we get the car on the dyno to adjust the "tune" for the new combination. I will have more pictures and possible video clip of the engine running at that time. stay tuned!

I do not believe Walter ever had to use an adapter, we have never used a shorter snout. Walter can give you specifics on that, but I do not recall having to go through this issue as you are.

Thanks for the help guys, and keep the pictures coming I'm eating it up. By the way I have a lead on a 2.8L LC with the adapter drive to fit teh old style drive. Check this out this is page is of ther 2.8L but they can also get the LC and if you read the descrivtion it explains the adapter needed to convert old style drive to the new compressors.
http://roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1110&idcategory=184

Did you guys have any issue with mounting your 2.8L LC upside down. You had to change the dip stick for the drain, but any issue with the LC lines run and the case being upside down.

OK thanks, do you remember what size hole and tap used by chance?? Also I was told that when the front case comes off it has to be aligned or centered ss to speak so the drive snout coupler and gear coupler properly align any method you used. John Bond performance made it sound like a special procedure was used.

I removed the case and tapped and drilled it myself. Don't think there is any special procedure....i mean if i can do it a cave man can do it ...right?:nice: The size is an english tap I have it somewhere..Kenne bell gave me the info and I just did it. You may have to get a plug from KB for the old dip stick hole though.