Fatal Crash in 1979 Pace Car

I did say "made" not sold :shrug:

reading comprehension > Double A Ron :p

EDIT: And they do have vins. It was one of my first questions on here as I was watching some car show and they were interviewing this car collector that only collects rare cars and loves stangs.
He had a 427 cammer and a 429 Boss with 18 miles, just a killer collection and then there was a 79 Pace Car. I thought why have that, its not that rare. Apparently the host thought the same because he said "Didnt they make over 10,000 of these?" And the guy said "yes, but not the T-tops. This is an original pace car and I had to trade a 93 Cobra R to get it." :eek: and the car had plates :shrug:

Oh...oops...:leaving:

• Sponsors (?)

EDIT: And they do have vins. It was one of my first questions on here as I was watching some car show and they were interviewing this car collector that only collects rare cars and loves stangs.
He had a 427 cammer and a 429 Boss with 18 miles, just a killer collection and then there was a 79 Pace Car. I thought why have that, its not that rare. Apparently the host thought the same because he said "Didnt they make over 10,000 of these?" And the guy said "yes, but not the T-tops. This is an original pace car and I had to trade a 93 Cobra R to get it." :eek: and the car had plates :shrug:

I would put money on him just having a regular pacecar that someone had T-tops added to and he over payed. Of the 3 pacecars, only 1 was left alone and it now resides at the indy museum, the other 2 were converted to 82 up specs and repainted for other races, and they are both now in Jack Roush's garage.

I would put money on him just having a regular pacecar that someone had T-tops added to and he over payed. Of the 3 pacecars, only 1 was left alone and it now resides at the indy museum, the other 2 were converted to 82 up specs and repainted for other races, and they are both now in Jack Roush's garage.
IDK what to say :shrug: It was on the Speed channel about three years ago and I wana say it was Car Crazy but I dont remember if Barry Meguire was doing the interview or not. Alot of car collectors loan their cars out to museums so that may be the case or he may have been taken advantage of. Guy had cash and a beautiful collection of cars so I would assume he knew what he was getting.

But as its been proven many times over, people are dumb.

It does.

I've always wondered what happens to your internet life when you die? :shrug:

I remember seeing something about websites that you can set up to notify your online friends about your death. They work by having you log in every week or month to reset the clock. If you don't log in after a certain period of time, then emails etc. go out on your behalf. I wonder if they would work on forums like these?

I figure I would probably do the same thing as Ryan and his Corvette in the link above. Since I designated my brother in law to receive my car in my will when ever I die, (if I don't die in it) he could take over my IDs and keep them alive!