favorite fox

• Sponsors (?)

i once saw this awesome Ttop notch at a car night at my local Biff burgers. it was painted irridescent orange and was amazing looking. i wasnt completely sucked into mustangs at that point but i knew even then it would be wicked to drive. so other than my own car i would have to say a Ttop notch with a stroker motor and a blower!

I do think my car is pretty sexy... But the grass is always greener, knowhaddImean?

Yeah ... so the best thing is to just get one of each. My Foxes cover pretty much the whole spectrum...

Hatch VS notch
Four-eye VS Aero
Auto VS manual
Quiet VS loud (or single VS dual exhaust)
Shiny paint VS Über-ghetto paint
15" rims VS 16" rims
Slow VS quick
etc. etc. etc.

The ASC Mclarens are my favorite foxes, followed closely by the saleens. The capri is my favorite ASC with the vert running a close second.

I just saw my first ASC vert in person over last Christmas in Miami. My girlfriend and I we on the beach and you could say she wasn't too pleased with my taking 30 minutes to look at every detail of the car. :D

655_5547.jpg

655_5568.jpg

174_7493.jpg

sideshottopopen.jpg

My votes:
Fox Saleen
Fox T-top
Mclaren Capri

Speed density is a dig deal depending on what you want to do. Also there were other differences thoughout the years, the Speedo 84-140, the HVAC controls, the rear convertible side panels and tops changed, the front GT bumper is solid in the older years, newer ones have a slot in the front, Radio options...probably more if i think about it

I remember this silver 93 notch that had black interior, dark tinted windows, black wheels, and one badass engine, think it was a 347 spraying nitrious like a mad dentist lifting the wheels every gear it slammed (5-speed) running a 6.1 in the 1/8th as I recall.... but looked mostly stock, was pretty quite until the throttle let loose, 100% streetable. If I ever won the lottery I would hire headhunters to find that car and give the owner whatever he wanted for it.

I've had an '89, a '92, and then a '91. If I ever have to buy another one, it's going to be just like the '92 I had. To my knowledge there are no differences between '91s and '92s, and any that exist aren't significant. Here's why I like those years the most:

- MAF (became standard in '89)
- better overhead light in the interior (the round circular light that came in the '87-'90s sucked and so did the map light b/c it wasn't bright and burned the **** outta you if you left it on too long rofl)
- pony wheels (started in '91 - if you're going to keep it stock looking the ponies beat the 10-holes and the crazy-ass older GT wheels)
- still forged pistons (until the very end of '92 production year when a few hypereutectic cars made it out of the factory)
- little dash emblem (started in '89 model year)
- last but not least all of the little corrections that were made to the small failure prone issues

To be fair, one thing I miss from the '89 was that the side mirrors were larger. All of the fox-bodies has ridiculously small side mirrors, but the later ones were worse. I didn't miss the tilting steering wheel, though. The airbag wheel was placed perfectly for me.

The '91 I have now is just ok, whereas I got '92 with only 43k miles and it was in almost perfect shape. I wish I had just found another gem of a '91 or '92 at 40k miles or less, because I want to have a perfect car and instead I have pages of to-do issues with my higher mileage '91. One day things will be better.

I've had an '89, a '92, and then a '91. If I ever have to buy another one, it's going to be just like the '92 I had. To my knowledge there are no differences between '91s and '92s, and any that exist aren't significant. Here's why I like those years the most:

- MAF (became standard in '89)
- better overhead light in the interior (the round circular light that came in the '87-'90s sucked and so did the map light b/c it wasn't bright and burned the **** outta you if you left it on too long rofl)
- pony wheels (started in '91 - if you're going to keep it stock looking the ponies beat the 10-holes and the crazy-ass older GT wheels)
- still forged pistons (until the very end of '92 production year when a few hypereutectic cars made it out of the factory)
- little dash emblem (started in '89 model year)
- last but not least all of the little corrections that were made to the small failure prone issues

To be fair, one thing I miss from the '89 was that the side mirrors were larger. All of the fox-bodies has ridiculously small side mirrors, but the later ones were worse. I didn't miss the tilting steering wheel, though. The airbag wheel was placed perfectly for me.

The '91 I have now is just ok, whereas I got '92 with only 43k miles and it was in almost perfect shape. I wish I had just found another gem of a '91 or '92 at 40k miles or less, because I want to have a perfect car and instead I have pages of to-do issues with my higher mileage '91. One day things will be better.
What up, brother? I been so busy building just about every road in Chicago, I still haven't had time to go get another computer! On topic, I learned to make the 88's go, so I'm hugely biased. I like the 87-88 LX's, particularly hatch's, though I always hated the little overhead light, and the seats. Also the 85-86 GT's, Canyon Red with that black hood:nice: I found it very enjoyable to slay what was alleged to be faster stangs with a 10 holed, speed density car:D. But if I were actually honest with myself, my favorite Fox would be a 92 Bimini hatch. Pony's, body colored side strip, yeah.