Feel kinda dumb; C-4 modulator help?

WarrenC

Jun 4, 2004
I decided to change my vacuum modulator in my c-4 just because it's old and to prevent problems. Haven't had any yet, but I went ahead and bought one. (I know, if it ain't broke don't fix it. But my motto is; If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!)

Anyway, I went to change it and ran it to a problem. There doesn't appear to be enough room between the transmission and the bell of the modulator to get a standard wrench in there. Any suggestions?

On a side note, some of you may recall my problems with the proportioning valve for the rear brakes near the rear axle. I installed an adjustable proportioning valve (SSBC from NPD) in the same place as the original (ie: near the rear axle) and although a little hard to get to, seemed to work quite well. Until I looked under there yesterday and it appears to be leaking again, and it appears to be the valve itself! The plastic knob fell off broken in my hands, apparantly weakened by brake fluid? I might have driven it 200 miles since it was installed.
I don't think it's been vibrating too much, I installed a rubber block behind it to stabilize it. :fuss:

• Sponsors (?)