few electrical problems with my sn95

lickem

Sep 11, 2005
lake elsinore ca
recently i got a sn95 and i got a few problems with it i was hopin someone might be able to help me with

1) the dash clock doesnt work. not knowing if the clock was just bad i found one on ebay in known working condition for dirt cheap so i bought it and it isnt working either. i have checked both #6 and #8 fuses and both are good, i then took a reading from both with the fuses removed to make sure they were both getting power and both checked good, i then checked the opposite end where it connects to the clock itself. i checked the light green with yellow stripe wire as well as the white with purple stripe and both checked good.

2) the car is a convertible so is there not any form of interior light? if so where is it located and would it not be working have anything to do with the dash clock not working?

3) the reading lights on the rear view mirror dont work either, are they connected in some sort of way to the interior light and dash clock not working?

4) the door chime didnt work but i figured out that the previous owner unplugged a connection on the left side of the radio, i plugged it back in and the door chime works like a champ, works like a champ to the point that it never turns off now, almost like it constantly thinks that the key is in the ignition, i adjusted the door pressure switch so if the doors are closed then it doesnt chime but if the door is open, no key in the ignition, lights are off it still chimes.

also i havnt got around to lookin for the tag on the rear end so i was curious if there what the options were for gear sets? its a 5.0 vert 5 speed

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure about the other options, but you're exactly right about the door chime. The door chime works off a small wire that's clipped to the ignition cylinder under the plastic cover. If the key is in the ignition it completes a circuit and the chime goes off if the door is open and the key is still in. The wire is clipped on by some thin plastic and tends to break. I had the same thing happen to me, so I taped the wire down good with a lot of electrical tape. Haven't had a problem since.

do i need to read remove the key cylinder to access the wire you are refering to?

You should beable to just remove the steering colum cover and there will be a single wire come out of the key cyl. The wire on a fox body is about four or five inch's long with a black square plugin on the end.

Go through and check ever fuse. Ford is bad about wiring stuff in to different fuses.