few questions!!!

91frppgt

Dec 16, 2005
hey guys, i'm new to stangnet! i just bought a 98 mustang gt. i really wasn't looking for a 96-98...but the car is wayy to clean to pass up for the price. its got 57k miles on it, all stock, 5 spd, 17' brushed aluminum GT wheels, laser red. i bought it from the original owner for $5,400. this is my first 4.6, i've had 6 fox bodys. by no means is this car fast, its a turd. the first thing I want to do is lower it. I don't want to "slam" the car, something like a 1inch all the way around. I've been looking at the BBK Progressive Rate springs. mustangworld.com put them on their 96 gt and they claim .8 of a inch up front, and 1 out back. the results came out looking nice. The other springs I was looking at were the FMS C Springs. If i use either one of those springs, will C/C plates be nessacary? I will be driving 60miles plus a day, and i don't feel like buying new tires for 17" wheels every other month. I know a alignment will be needed.

thanks stangnet for such a great website!

• Sponsors (?)

droptop, i do plan on doing a PI swap after the new years...how much would a set of stock PI heads and intake cost? i'm going to be going aftermarket cams...

and as far as the bullitt suspension, i was just planning on doing springs right now. I think i'm gonna purchase a set of FMS C springs. would that affect the wear of my tires any if I get a alignment?