Few Small Issues I Need Help With

David Pepiton

Dec 17, 2011
Laveen, Arizona
So a few months ago when it was still cold out (by Arizona standers) I would notice my blowers wouldn't come on all the time some times I would literally have to turn the car off and on a few times for them to work a short time after that the turn signals stopped working but every once and a while they will start working again seems to be random. But here is the thing both turn signals and the blower comes on when the vehicle is in the run position but will not work with the vehicle running. I'm thinking its the ignition switch but wanted some more input. I would like to get this fixed asap I need my A/C up and running soon I don't want a 6th summer in 115* weather not fun.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

Some of the symptoms of ignition switch problems are things that don’t work or are intermittent like radio, turn signals, wipers or heater.

There was a FREE recall on Ford ignition switches. They overheat and sometimes catch fire. That burns up the steering column and sometimes the car interior. Since this is very old information, you may not be able to get the switch replaced for free anymore. The auto parts stores sell the switches for $13-$15.

Saleen0679 was nice enough to dig this up for us awhile back: Replace a 1979-1993 Ignition Switch Assembly