Fiberglass stock hood

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think I have seen a stock style fiberglass hood.

If you have a old stock metal hood in good shape you could make a mold and form your own hood.

It sounds like alot of hard work but it's not that bad.
Theres some work involved but it's not what I would list as being very hard to do.
If you need some info on making mold and finishing the hood I'll get you some info

They make them. I bought a factory style '82 hood formy '82GT.
Unfortunatly, it a regular '82 hood and not the GT hood with the factory scoop. I've seen stock fiberflass hoods for other years too.
I got mine from Harwood. Just look in any 5.0 mag there are a few fiberglass company's out there.

I have a stock fiberglass hood from Unlimited Products. Go here :spot: http://www.up22.com/
581377_18_full.jpg

My hood weighs about 5-10lbs. It's a lift off hood and one person can easily lift it off.
I also have a stock 88GT and I know those factory hoods are heavy!!
Trust me...you will be saving a lot of weight!!
Get the regular hinged hood and not the lift off style because it's a pain in the ass turning 10 zeus fasteners to take the hood off all the time.

Actually, over time, it will heat up just like the stock one will. But it will take longer to heat up and to cool off because fiberglass won't conduct/dissipate the heat as quickly as metal will. For the same reason it won't feel as warm to the touch as a metal hood would. Be sure whatever you get has quality/reinforced construction especially in the hinge and latch areas. Those are the areas that really take a beating during opening and closing of the hood.