finally a dry track day!!!!!!!

Modular2v

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
oklahoma
1st time it hasnt rained on a friday in almost 2 MONTHS!!!!!!!!! Taking the car to the track and its gettin sprayed on! Car is aligned this time . It ran a best of 11.72 last time all motor.....this time its getting hit with a 150shot! Pray for 10s!

• Sponsors (?)

Good luck, and I must say I cannot WAIT to get back to the track this year. I drove other cars there last year, but havent driven mine at the track in well over a year and a half.

Good luck and obviousely post the numbers, good or bad!

sooo howd it go?

sidenote: i borrowed a bottle from a buddy last night and my car LOOOOOVES nitrous. i started out with a 150 shot and lowered the timing to 12. my car WILL run low 11s on nitrous. i just played around a little with it to see how the motor would take to it. i got the car up to about 4 grand in 2nd and mashed it. ive never seen the RPMS move so quickly!! i shifted to 3rd and it fealt like 1st gear LOL.

got it on video....camera is at the house and im at work right now though:bang: well it didnt turn out like i hoped but i know why

On my naturally aspirated runs the car was cutting 1.58 60ft times and running 11.80s. The nitrous pass netted a 1.74 60ft time:nonono: and the car ended up running only an [email protected] would have made another pass but was out of nitrous:rolleyes: ill come prepared next time and will post the video up as soon as i get home

when i get the video posted up you will see why the poor 60ft occured....The car yanks the wheels a foot off the ground then once it came down it bogged(didnt do that on the naturally aspirated passes) The reason why is that i have to feather the launch to keep the nitrous from engaging (WOT switch windowed between 3000 and 6800rpms) So i really need to wire up my two step and be done!

125mph is 10s territory. you just need to get the 2 step wired in and youll be set.

yeah thats what i thought!!! It should be deep 10s territory....honestly though, the car should be trapping around 130! I think i was running out of nitrous toward the end of the track because the car felt like it was slowing down. On my old setup with c9 heads it was trapping 125.

BOTTOM LINE: Im tired of playing around....next time i go out, im doing nothing but N20 passes until it goes 10s or i split the block!

sooo howd it go?

sidenote: i borrowed a bottle from a buddy last night and my car LOOOOOVES nitrous. i started out with a 150 shot and lowered the timing to 12. my car WILL run low 11s on nitrous. i just played around a little with it to see how the motor would take to it. i got the car up to about 4 grand in 2nd and mashed it. ive never seen the RPMS move so quickly!! i shifted to 3rd and it fealt like 1st gear LOL.

yeah LOL it feels like someone strapped a rocket to the car!