Finally Finished my Factory Five

PCH_Cruiser

Founding Member
Jul 31, 2002
Palmdale, CA
Work is too busy to let me post much anymore, but I know a handful of you guys have been following my Factory Five Cobra build waiting for pictures. I got the body back from the painter about 2 weeks ago, and spent probably 50 hours the last two weeks in the garage getting everything ready for the COCOA event at Willow Springs last weekend. I got the car on the road Thursday night, and had it on the track Saturday morning. As of today, I've got 500 miles on it. So far, everything has been fantastic. I've still got tons of pictures I need to update on my website, but I did get pictures from this weekend up. Below are a few of them, and you can see the rest here.

DSC5674sm.jpg

DSCN2193sm.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

very nice!!! that is a beautiful car.

o/t: why do road racers tape over their headlights?? I've always wondered and never asked....

o/t again: thanks for all the help you have given me (without knowing it, lol) with the 5.0/t-5 swap, i use the info on your site all the time!!

In case a car in front throws up a rock, to keep the glass off the course.

I sat in a FFR car at the Tulsa Shelby meet. I've wanted one for quite a while, not anymore. I'm 5'11 and about 260 and I had a had time fitting my 38 jeans and size 11 feet in there. Do the Daytona coupes have any more room?

That is my dream car. VERY nice!! Cobra's just plain kick a$$.
I want to know the specs on the engine too. I am sure the horsepower to weight ratio makes it a "decently fun" car to drive. :nice:

Looks like the Backdraft Sterling Gray/Siver combo? Is that where you got the paint idea?

Nice.

What was your total build cost? Would you go with FFR again now that several worthy TK- alternatives are readliy available?

1320- I still haven't sat in a Daytona, but I've heard they're even tighter because of the roof.

Sln- Unfortunately, I still don't have my completed engine pix on my website yet. Its a bonestock 5.0, and looks identical to the one in my Mustang. I'll get some photos soon.

mustangdave- I didn't have time before this event to align the sidepipes real good. I had to open up the cutout in the body to pull the rear of the pipe in.

Vinyl- It's a ton of fun to drive with a stock 5.0.

94Cobra- the build was lots of fun. It took about a year, once I got started. A new house and finishing the Mustang prevented me from starting on it as soon as I would have liked.

GT2K- I haven't seen that Backdraft paint job, but it sounds similar. There have been a few other FFR's with similar color schemes.

STS- Realistically, 18K is about the cheapest you can build one. Most are in the 22K-30K range (as am I). Still way cheaper than a new sports car, and way more fun to drive.