Finally, GI Joe with Kenne Bell 2.2 (GT) and Modularpowerhouse on board...new times

GI Joe 97/02

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2002
Alabama
Well....some new times...but as luck would have it, once again I cant seem to make it down the full 1320 feet...but I did make it to the 1000 ft mark before having to lift...the car appeared to be running out of gear...it was actuallt driving through the converter ( slipping and hitting the rev limiter)....... The advertised stall on the converter is 3600.....It was stalling at near 5000. Tightening it up should help.....a locking converter would surely help...
The first run I just started off idle and changed gears. Did not even stick it to the floor...just a shake down and ran down the track and noticed that the thing was slipping or laying down or something at 6200 rpms and I could not figure it out..funny it ran 106 in the 1/8 and 102 in the 1/4.....So my friend and expert driver Edgar decided to ride with me to verify what it was doing and to watch A/F and fuel pressure. Fuel pressure was a perfect 61 as commanded all the way and A/F was 11.8:1 all the way. The track was very cold...air temp was 49 degrees... The track was not holding high launches so I decided to launch at a conservative 3000 rpms....so

With an additional 180lb passenger, 3000 rpm launch the first run off the trailer after the shakedown run car went:

1.44 60 ft
1/8 6.65 @ 104
1/4 10.55 @112 (ridiculous)
lifting at the 1000 ft with a passenger...yea she's got some more in her...
This was an easy, easy 10.2 car...I was a good distance from the lights when I lifted...
oh...and I wonder what it will do with the nitrous.....I left the bottle at home...

Thanks to Edgar for all his help and to Kenny Bell for a great product and huge thanks to all the team at MPH for a great motor and a bad azz set of heads.....the tune isn’t too shabby either....."Get Some"

GI Joe

• Sponsors (?)

eh....just another fast mustang...

:D jk i have been waiting for some numbers on that thing. i cant wait for a full pass. congrats and keep this combo for a while, you could have been in the 9's by now you've gone so many routes it seems.

GinoGT said:
Pfft, Ken is only a couple tens off with a little 2VNA :notnice:

:jester: Can we come down there and have a "Drive GI Joe's car" day? :banana:
hehehehehe..lol...yea I know.....maybe one day I'll gut my car too and loose the additional 700 lbs difference between out cars...WOW. then my car should run 9.5s'..........but no time soon...:)