Finally got times with my FTI combo...

• Sponsors (?)

GroverDill said:
7.7 in the 1/4 is ****ing moving!

:)

LOL, I wish it were that fast, but alas it is a 7.70 in the 1/8 mile.
Just wondering because my car does 7 flat on a 125 shot and get into a 6.8 on a 150 shot.Im getting a custom cam somethime and hopeing to see a 6.7 or better.What is a 6.8 in the 1/4 mile?

Sorry for stealin' the tread but I want to know so if I ever go to Bradenton witch is a 1/4 mile.

25thmustang said:
I would say thats about a 12.9 run. Here is one of my street tire runs to compare!!! Looks like its doing alright for street tires!

60'...2.065
1/8...8.420
mph...85.55
1000'...10.907
1/4...13.011
mph...106.89

Yep...you add about 2.0-2.1 seconds to the 1000' ft. time...to get the apr. quarter mile time...

I know the car has more in it...like I said above it was my first time actually "trying" the car...I'm going to try to go not this weekend but the next one and do better...because I know I can and the car can...I was being a bit conservative that night...and this car is untuned so I don't know how far out of tune it is...but it drives around good on the street and gets the same mileage as before...

5spd GT said:
Well I finally got some times...I've been waiting for a couple months now...had to replace clutch/fix a couple valve cover oil leaks/etc...so I finally headed to the track tonight...

Okay my excuses: I'm running literally on "bald" tires...245/50/16's...they probably have 1000miles left on them...max...I need some Dr's...my service engine light is on (could mean anything)...its been on since I did everything...and I had never until tonight went thru 4 gears in a row in my car...

Well I'm going to put down my BEST EVER run before the h/c/i swap compared to my BEST RUN OF JUST TONIGHT (first time out with the h/c/i)...

OLD "combo" (all the bolt-ons, 373's, 1.6 RR's, same full exhaust)

60ft - 2.08
330ft - 5.89
1/8 E.T. - 9.05
1/8 MPH - 78.95
1000ft E.T. - 11.59
1000ft MPH - 89.41

NEW "combo" (AFR 165's/FTI cam/bigger MAF/Performer intake/"tune up"/King Cobra clutch for grab) That is all I can think of that added power or grab...and it still has the same as above (look at sig...the same exhaust, gears, etc...) And this is full weight - 3380lbs race weight...

60ft - 2.01
330ft - 5.56
1/8 E.T. - 8.51
1/8 MPH - 84.40
1000 E.T. - 10.85
1000ft MPH - 96.69 :nice:

We don't have a 1/4 mile track close by so I frequent this track quite frequently...

On my "new" times...the reason why I had a good 60ft (which shocked me when I started to take off) is because the guy before me put that "trac-bite" stuff down and boy did it bite...

Anyways...beside on my best run of the night...I was having severe traction problems...spinning all the way in 1st and 2nd...chirping third with a little turnover also...and spinning when I shifted into 4th gear...so you can see where Dr's will help...

Even on my best run I spun in 4th gear a bit...lol...(no trac bite down the track)...

So since I drive this car everyday (only car) back and forth to school and this being my first time with the "combo"...I think it did well...as you can see I gained 7mph in just 1000ft...comparing my best run ever (before) and doing my best run of the night (after)...I'm happy...oh and I have the timing at 16* but haven't tried bumping it or anything...so their could be more left from a timing perspective...?

Well thanks for listening to all my "ricer" excuses...

Thanks to all who helped me get the car running and "tuned"... :nice:

David
Yeah dude Nittos will help you big time,I was just comparing my times from Sunday to yours I had 5.608=330,,an 8.781 1/[email protected] and a 11.518 1000ft. I believe there about 140 beans!!-each

willys1 said:
Yeah dude Nittos will help you big time,I was just comparing my times from Sunday to yours I had 5.608=330,,an 8.781 1/[email protected] and a 11.518 1000ft. I believe there about 140 beans!!-each

Yep...I can't wait to get them but by the time I get them the track will be closed and I'll have to wait till spring or hope they have a "play day" in the early-year winter (2005) like they did last year...I want to feel what 1st-2nd gear feel like without spinning...

Between this time I'll get that service engine light "serviced"...timing pin-pointed...and get better at driving it...I had to change my driving style after the h/c/i swap by changing when you expect to shift and knowing where to shift...and I was shifting a bit early and when I was spinning it was hard to judge when to shift into 3rd without bogging...

Where is the cheapest place on the internet to buy the Nitto's? How much is shipping on them to (for example) my house...I'll pricematch them to my local tire shop and see what I'll save going either way...yeah most places I see are around the 140-150 $ mark...

Most places in the mags have free shipping,,I get mine at a local place.But I am looking at the new MT's,,have to find out how long they last,and how they are in the rain!! The Nittos are better then my Sumutomos in the rain :nice:

bluevenom867 said:
LOL, I wish it were that fast, but alas it is a 7.70 in the 1/8 mile.
Just wondering because my car does 7 flat on a 125 shot and get into a 6.8 on a 150 shot.Im getting a custom cam somethime and hopeing to see a 6.7 or better.What is a 6.8 in the 1/4 mile?

Sorry for stealin' the tread but I want to know so if I ever go to Bradenton witch is a 1/4 mile.
7.70 1/8 = 11.90's.Give you example my old combo with 150 shot ran best 6.73 1/8 = 10.68 1/4.Go to Bradenton this saturday having a mustang shootout(track is rented) starts at 3:00 p.m. I'm going there run my new combo hoping 10's on motor and 9's on spray.

87fcoupe said:
7.70 1/8 = 11.90's.Give you example my old combo with 150 shot ran best 6.73 1/8 = 10.68 1/4.Go to Bradenton this saturday having a mustang shootout(track is rented) starts at 3:00 p.m. I'm going there run my new combo hoping 10's on motor and 9's on spray.

Hey, were do you live.
You know were Sunshine is? We usualy race there, we got a
Grabber Blue/Titanium 86' GT.
What was your old combo, looks like it runs around about what mine does.

Old combo was 306 AFR heads edlebrock performer 70 tob 75 mass air 30 lb inject power pipe comp was 10.5.1 150 shot.Tremec tko 5 speed and 4.10 gears.New combo is alot better est power at least 450(flywheel) and that natural aspirated.My wife and I have an 03 Cobra few bolton's and my coupe will pull on it.So maybe i will see you at Bradenton this saturday (night) mustang only.

bluevenom867 said:
Hey, were do you live.
You know were Sunshine is? We usualy race there, we got a
Grabber Blue/Titanium 86' GT.
What was your old combo, looks like it runs around about what mine does.
You go to sunshine speedway.Then you seen my coupe there but I haven't raced it since April (04) started swapping motors.

willys1 said:
Most places in the mags have free shipping,,I get mine at a local place.But I am looking at the new MT's,,have to find out how long they last,and how they are in the rain!! The Nittos are better then my Sumutomos in the rain :nice:

Well I guess I'll have to check the magazines out...I figure you still got to pay for handling???

Your Nittos were better than the Sumitomos? That is comforting...because I didn't want to take it "easy" just because it rains...since it is my daily driver...

Does anybody know whether the Bilsteins will hurt me at the track at all...and what causes my car to "bottom out" when I hit a bump on the rode...is it the bump stops? It doesn't take much of a bump for it to do it...

bluevenom867 said:
Can you describe you mustang.
Do you know Chad from Blue Oval?
I buy some of my parts from them but mostly from Automotive Engineering.
Yeah i know Chad he still there huh!I bought a few things from them.Jeff still there too.Chad still has his stang thats 1 sick stang.

Well guess what happened to me tonight.Whent out with my dad for a spin in the car took it easy strated to run a little funny.Came to a stop and the car started shaking.Brought it to the shop plud the plugs and checked the compresion.Got two low cylinder right next to each other.Looks like I blew a heads gasket.I gonna get a pair of thous cometic gaskets.This is ok because I'll get to see how the pistons are doing and maybe get a little thiner gasket to raise the compresion some more.

Yea Chad is still there and so is Jeff.Chad is working on building a Drag Radial/SSO car thats gonna go 7.90 (1/4) on drag radials and 7.50 (1/4) on 10.5" slicks!!!

Nice times David.
I went to the track w/ my setup for the first time also and ran a 12.85 @ 108 w/ a 1.90 60'. This is on 3:27s, 3:73s are going in soon along w/ a trac-loc rebuild b/c only one tire was pulling a majority of the time. I'm running 275-40-17 nitto dr's w/ 16 psi in me and I love em, but they pick up every lil pebble in the road and throws it which I hate. Its also a dialy driver.