finished some mods...

spederman

Apr 13, 2005
Ive been working on this bullitt intake swap on my Saleen for a few weeks now. I didnt realize having a newborn babygirl would take up so much time (she's totally worth it though) :D. A few hours of work in the garage turned into weeks but some of the days were also waiting on parts to fix stupid little problems, lol. Finally finished last nite and started right up on the first shot and runs smooth so far :nice:

Here some details and pics: Bullitt intake swap, the 05+ slot style MAF conversion (PMAS HPX), deleted the EGR, pulley'd down to 3.12, massive intercooler piping re-arrangement (biggest pain) and even painted the valve covers while i was in there.

I Only have a base tune on it now just so i can drive it to a tuner. Cant wait to see what #'s it will put down, and hopefully it wont grenade the stock internals.

BEFORE:

View attachment 248694

DURING: (wish i could have just done cams but was scared of blowing it up)

View attachment 248695

FINISHED:

View attachment 248696

• Sponsors (?)

Looks great! I am in the process of installing a front mount on my car. I cant wait to get it finnaly done. I know what you mean, Its been about a week and a half for me working, just piece by piece slowly haha. Should make some good numbers with that pulley! I am also going with the 3.1 pulley as well:nice: Did you get that peice from the throttle body to where the long pipe with your slot metere is from pro charger or did you custom make that?:shrug:

Thanks guys! Now all i gotta figure out is why the rpms hang at about 1800. I checked all the vac lines and dont think i have a leak. Not sure how to tell if something is with the throttle body or TPS or IAC that is causing the RPM to hang.

good shYt dude, how much did u pay for that manifold + throttle body/plenum also what material is it made of?

I got it used from some dude on another forum, all together with all the little parts you end up needing it was about $1k, its all cast aluminum.

Looks great! I am in the process of installing a front mount on my car. I cant wait to get it finnaly done. I know what you mean, Its been about a week and a half for me working, just piece by piece slowly haha. Should make some good numbers with that pulley! I am also going with the 3.1 pulley as well:nice: Did you get that peice from the throttle body to where the long pipe with your slot metere is from pro charger or did you custom make that?:shrug:

I got that from C&L and its actually for a SVT lightening. It worked out pretty well, it only rubs a tiny bit on one spot on the Saleen hood.