First 4.6

Xterminator03

Sep 23, 2004
NEW YORK
Hey everyone,

I have not posted in a long time. buit as the title says yes our 1st 4.6. well to be honest its not mine it is my wife. she had a choice of cars and she choose a 99 GT Vert.

She wants and exhaust.

But are there any other things ya recomend I should do to the car.

It is getting re-painted now(my boy owns a shop) Black with a samll amount of red flakes (will post pics once done)

I dont really need it to go faster she will be the primary driver so more of looks and function.

Im adding the sequential tail light (I think they are awesome).

Bring on the suggestions. Pics or video will help also.

Some ifno on the car.
99 GT Vert
Style bar with LED light
Paint Black red flakes
Black and grey interior.
Stock everything else.

• Sponsors (?)

With a vert, my first mod would be some SFCs (sub frame connectors) to firm up that puppy. I vote for Bassani or Flowmaster 44s with 3.5" slanted tips,then some appropriate springs/shocks/struts for that right drop and ride/handling upgrade - just not too low or too stiff so you can enjoy just a cruze top down.

Congrats!

How will she drive the car? Is it a DD? Auto or manual? Does she want loud or just a little rumble? There are lots of things to consider.

The 4.6 does sound good. Its a very different tone than the 5.0; a bit more exotic sounding.

I'm running flowmaster 40s and mac o/r h. It's ok. I like the tone and it's not too obnoxious. I'd like to go with a bassani catback, but the tailpipes wont fit when I end up with the MM rear 3 link setup.

Magnaflow regular mufflers are the quietest. Bassani is pretty mellow as well but sounds awesome. Then there are the chambered mufflers that alot of guys run like flowmaster, mac, etc. If she wants LOUD look into magnaflow magnapacks or SLP.

Aside from the exhaust, my 4.10's have been one of my favorite mods by far. Really wakes the 4.6 up.

Post up your/her goals and wants for the car and we can really point you in the right direction.

Congrats!

How will she drive the car? Is it a DD? Auto or manual? Does she want loud or just a little rumble? There are lots of things to consider.

Post up your/her goals and wants for the car and we can really point you in the right direction.

Automatic

Daily Driver

nice sound not obnoxious

She just wants a cool ride that demands attention.
She was considering a two tone paint red on the bottom and black on top.

Im not sure where I was geeting it from but that sounds cheaper than all the other kits is it dificult to instal.

The other kits that you were looking at problably included a completely new wiring harness (no splicing required), which cost quite a bit more.

Personally, the install wasn't difficult at all. It's a "cut wire A, cut wire B, and join wire A to B" type of thing. Not complicated at all. Their instructions are VERY easy to read/understand and made it especially easy.

Check them out:

AutoTrix :: 96-04 Mustang Tail light Sequencer Kit

Their instructions:

AutoTrix Install Instructions

LOL it seems that their price went up $10 since I bought mine

I got a sequential tail light kit from American Muscle.
Kit was really good and provided instructions (althought I went ahead and made a how-to on youtube to go with the kit)
Kit was more expensive than the autotrix kit you were talking about, but It does the job very well

yeahs its gonna have the stock wheels on at first looking to change them in the future. but my wife wants to do other things to the car first like exhaust, HID, Sound, and sub frame( per recomendation).

They wil start working on the car this week I will post progress pics.

Pictures of my wife car.
Its has red metal flakes but you cant tell on the pics.
IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0191.jpg

IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0198.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0206.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

Car still needs to be washed and waxed.
IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

Interior is in big need of cleaning wish SRTHANDZ was in NEW YORK.