First attempt at a racecar build (Pics inside)

MikeUrban

May 30, 2010
Chantilly, VA
Here it goes! I just bought myself a new project car, a 1991 Notch with a little 2.3 motor. My plan is to run in the local 275 class, so that little 4 cylinder is gonna have to go (Probably in favor of a carbureted 408w). This is going to be a paycheck to paycheck build, and It's going to take a while but I can't wait to get started! Here's some pictures of what we've got, sorry for the quality all I had was my phone:

View attachment 164963

View attachment 164964

View attachment 164965

View attachment 164966
The body's in pretty good shape, with only one dent on the roof. There isn't a spot of rust on the car. Pretty solid so far!

The interior is CLEAN with the exception of the worn out SVO seats. I'll probably just vacuum everything real good when the interior comes out for the cage.

View attachment 164967

View attachment 164968

View attachment 164969

I bet my neighbors are going to love, I mean hate, me. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The porsche is a 912e, it's exterior body is in good condition but the frame is rotting and the floors are eaten through. My neighbor last wanted $800 for it. I've wanted that thing so many times but could never get myself to do it. And it's a townhouse so we have like a homeowners association, everyone's cool with it as long as I don't break any noise ordinances and I cover it up when I'm not working on it. So far just about everyone in my court has come to check it out, they all really liked my last car too! (which is going up for sale to fund this one).

Don't let these guys sway or discourage you. I built a dirt track super stock car in my back yard, I just had to make sure I had the brush cut back about 100 feet when I was welding.

There is lot to learn here, and you will be a better person for trying such a project