First Mustang mods....

XxEdgeFactorxX

Nov 10, 2002
Hey guys I'm thinking about buying a stock 2001 GT no mods 26k miles, Im in love with the Saleen body kits, But What would you guys reccomend to do to the car for some medium to heavy modding I want to be in the 450hp-500hp range if its possible, Ive got about 10K to spend on the car after i buy it , Also anyone know how much it would cost for a shop to do a body kit and install if u guys could share that be great ! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I had a 01 GT and when I decided I wanted a bit more under the hood it turned out the easiest way was to start with a Mach instead of spending the money on mods for the GT. I dont think 450-500hp is do-able on the stock motor with out some serious work. I'm no expert though and could be wrong. :)

I planned on going with a S/C I just dont know what brand I dont wanna spend a **** load on it because of other things such as rims, springs, etc.. This will also be a daily driver will I still be able to drive this thing normally or will I be in that range where I had to be careful driving around with that kind of power.... And lastly what were the prices on your installation costs for the superchargers ?

Pricing for installs vary by where you leave and who does the work.
But I'd suggest looking at the Novi2000 kit from modularpowerhouse. been a centri type of blower it will come on a little slower making day-to-day driving not a huge scary thing.

Welcome to :SNSign:

1. Sub frame connectors
2. Springs, shocks/struts to get rid of the 4 x 4 look
3. 3.73s for forced induction or 4.10s for all motor
4. Forged internals
5. Upgraded clutch
6. Built rear end (welded axle tubes, 31 spline diff, limited slip diff)
7. Either the Vortech S trim or NOVI 2000
8. Or save up a bit more and get the intercooled 2.2 KB:hail2:

I wouldn't install a Saleen kit until you get rims on there, otherwise it will never look right

After that I would look into a supercharger, then SFC and LCA's to handle the new power