first time ever at drags

My first time ever running at the drags. Always a spectator, so I ran my 2000 GT convertible. The car is basically a stock automatic, it has a JLT cai, tune, and a flowmaster cat back. Stock tires and gears. Best time was a14.678 at 93.56 mph.

I had a blast, this was at Numedia in Pennsylvania, I found that an online Mustang group was going, so I thought it would be fun. Great time.

Yeah, I know its not fast. So what?! :)

Attachments

• 0504012059.jpg
    0504012059.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Sponsors (?)

mods

Im still trying to decide what gears to go with. I want it to be strong, but, I do need some highway economy as I often run from central Pennsylvania to eastern Delaware to see my sons.

I have heard that Richmond gears 3.90s can be a little loud, my mechanic tells me to go with 3.73 or 4.10 Ford Racing gears. Dunno yet. I am still looking at the information.

So, gears are next, then either an H pipe or X pipe, not sure. I want to hear both setups on a car before I choose.

I will be going with a shift kit, fresh fluid, and a trans cooler after I do the gears. Thats about it. Im not a racer, just like to have some fun.

Jess

hey , back in 1968 i had a 68 road runner, 4 speed 355 gears, 1st time i ran it i stunk it up too, it ran a 15.30, next time out it ran in the low 14s, 3 time i let a buddy drive it, he turned 13.56. eventually a few mods later i was in the high 12s. it just take practice.

My first time ever running at the drags. Always a spectator, so I ran my 2000 GT convertible. The car is basically a stock automatic, it has a JLT cai, tune, and a flowmaster cat back. Stock tires and gears. Best time was a14.678 at 93.56 mph.

I had a blast, this was at Numedia in Pennsylvania, I found that an online Mustang group was going, so I thought it would be fun. Great time.

Yeah, I know its not fast. So what?! :)

Hey everyone starts somewhere, like others said i would be really happy with that my first time to the track. My first time was awful lol, but i learned & had fun and thats what matters. The more you go the faster you get!

All that matters is that you didn't break and had fun! The dragstrip is very humbling, even for people with seat time. You have good nights, and bad nights. The auto will make your car more consistant, though! Good luck in the future, you will be going back soon!