First time out with the AEM

blackmagic94

Founding Member
Jan 5, 2002
Tucson, Arizona
Last test and tune was the first time I drove the car with the AEM EMS to replace the SDS which I had before. I launched at 5500rpm and dumped the clutch and left to a 1.74 sixty, boost did not spool up until i hit the christmas tree. Crossed the traps at 11.9@119mph with a data log showing a peak of 6.5 psi of boost!! Total timing under load was no more than 21 degrees which about 6 degrees less than I wanted. I expect the car to run 11.7-11.8 @123mph once it is tuned in at the same amount of boost. Then I will turn it up and run for the tens hopefully if God willing.

• Sponsors (?)

I just don't know if I need it yet..lol
I ran a 11.9@88 on the breaks at Speedworld on 10psi, and my car runs/drives fine on the chip..
Let me know, those times on those fuel rails for sale..lol

I sold the SDS to my friend locally. The SDS was the first stand alone engine managment for the EECIV Fords. It plugs into the stock harness and is controlled by a hand held programmer. It is uses a 3 Bar MAP sensor and the ford sensors, but does not data log. Ok system but very limited to an AEM. The SDS is a kinda like a PMS but better since it doesnt piggy back.

Well i was quite good at tuning the SDS. The AEM is not easy to learn and I would suggest that you have a professional tune it for you. Luckly for me there is a factory trained AEM programmer who is a good friend of mine in town that has done my tune.