fixed my car

KJ Hoppus

Mar 18, 2003
Elk Grove CA
well i went saterday to the track and ran 14-3 at 95 mph anyway. before i did my headswap and headers, tb, and plenum my car was running 14.2-14.3 at 98 mph so my traps were 3mph slower that before so i knew something was wrong. first thing i checked my compression to make sure it wasnt a head gasket or my rings or if one of my cams was off. well that checked out ok so i didnt know what to check out next. i thought to do a intake vacuum test to see if it was high. well it pulled 23psi...very high...for stock cams. so that lead me to beleive that my whole engine was retareded. so i pulled off my valve covers, timing cover, crank pulley, ps pump, tensioner, water pump pulley, coils and idler pulley. sure enough my cams timed even, but my crank was off 10 degrees BTDC so i took off the chain tensioners and set up the links and timed it all together. the right bank was hard to get exactly right, but i got it and put everything back together. you cant tell a difference in drivability but you can on the freeway. anyway im happy its fixed and i will get some times tommorow.

• Sponsors (?)