Flat top pistons suck.

SonicStangGT

Mar 18, 2008
King, North Carolina
Well about two weeks ago I was driving my car and every since I put the motor back in something had not been right with the tranny. Well missed fourth gear some how and bent a valve on the driver side. Did a compression check and on that cylinder I have 25 psi and I think its supposed to be 185-195. There was little to no PTV clearence with the stock cobra pistons. I dont see how anybody has made those pistons work in a 2 valve. I got stock cams, and had the pistons flycut for the intake valves. Also to much compression, if I dont put any 110 in with the 93 it sparknocks alot. I going to have to take to motor out and replace the pistons and I guess do some other things. This motor build went so wrong that I dont want to start another, but I have got alot my info for the build. Looking at stage 2 cams with either forged pistons and rods or just rebuild with stock stuff. What ever the budget allows. It sucks because I just had the motor out for about 4 months and just put 1100 miles on the fresh motor, know its coming back out. Like my DAD says, IF YOU PLAY, YOU PAY.

• Sponsors (?)

if your gona pull it again just get forged pistons and rods. you can get both for around $700. lower the compression into the mid 9s or lower and get some boost. your stock cast iron crank will take you to around 6-700 hp depending on who you talk too. to hell with n/a. BOOST.

Man I made it about 5 mins away and my car started to act up, so I had to turn around. My whole beach trip was a disaster. But hopefully like you said, maybe this time will be better. I just want a set of cams and my spray back so I can hit the track again. Looking for that low to mid 7's in the 1/8.