Fluidyne Sucks

• Sponsors (?)

buying a more expensive radiator from a different company will most likely not fix the problem. you may want to take a look at this article before you pick up and install your next aluminum radiator.....

http://www.imcool.com/articles/antifreeze-coolant/whygoodradsgobad.htm

hope that sheds some light on things or at least opens up new possibilities as to what the cause could be aside from a badly built radiator.....

Green 94 5.0 said:
buying a more expensive radiator from a different company will most likely not fix the problem. you may want to take a look at this article before you pick up and install your next aluminum radiator.....

http://www.imcool.com/articles/antifreeze-coolant/whygoodradsgobad.htm

hope that sheds some light on things or at least opens up new possibilities as to what the cause could be aside from a badly built radiator.....
Great article thanks for the read...

the guy at the radiator place told me what caused it, i wasn't running the right mixture of antifreeze and water. He's a really knowledgeable guy (best around here), and told me exactly what mixture to run with a radiator that size and my motor with the heads etc.. he also said if i buy a new one, bring it up there and let him test the mixture and he wouldn't charge me. So that i wouldn't run into this problem again.

jason

mytight95 said:
the guy at the radiator place told me what caused it, i wasn't running the right mixture of antifreeze and water. He's a really knowledgeable guy (best around here), and told me exactly what mixture to run with a radiator that size and my motor with the heads etc.. he also said if i buy a new one, bring it up there and let him test the mixture and he wouldn't charge me. So that i wouldn't run into this problem again.

jason

I'm confused... did you mix acid into the fluid? Too much antifreeze? I try to run as close to 50/50 as I can, and I'm not a big fan of using tap water unless I absolutely have to.

i had tap water, and not enough antifreeze apparantly i was using the little gauge thing wrong. So it is my fault ulitmately, but i wouldn't expect it to go south so quickly, the thing isn't very old.

I had my fluidyne for 3 years. been good. Never leaks a drop. But I do drain it once a year and change the coolant and use distilled water. Antifreeze turns acidic when it gets old and that plays havoc on aluminum...radiators, heads and intakes.

Keeps my 331 cool even under high boost on the highway....190*