Fog Lamps Electrical problem

cap42

Jul 23, 2003
Bolingbrook IL
Ok guys help me track this down. The other night I noticed that my fogs weren't working so far here is what I've troubleshooted.

Changed one of the lamps thinking maybe both blew at the same time nada.

Checked for current with a voltmeter in the harness itself nothing.

Checked the Fuses could not find a fuse under the dash for the fog lamps only in the distribution box under the hood was able to get power to both relays but still have not found a actual fuse for the fogs yet the ford manual that came with the car sucks balls btw.

I still get power to the switch on the console the light it coming on when I flip the fogs on. I have not taken it out to see if the switch is bad by not allowing a connection when it's turned on. I don't wanna rip out the center console unless I really have to, to check this.

I'm really just hoping it's a fuse or something simple I hate tracking down electrical gremlins...it's weird I was just about to put a aftermarket stereo with aftermarket amps and such in her next week now I'm second guessing touching anything on it cause of stupid **** like this.

Any help would be appreciated specially with the location of what fuse is for the fogs.

• Sponsors (?)

Have you checked the operation of the fog light relay located in the fuse box under the hood? have a friend flip on and off the switch while you touch the relay. You should be able to feel it move. If not sure which one, try them all.
Relay wire colors (according to my Haynes manual):
Black - coil; connects to ground
Yellow - coil; connects to the switch (12V with the switch On)
Blue/black - connects to the fuse (20A, also fuses the horn)
Tan/orange - connects to the light assemblies