Fog light wiring question

RacEoHolic330

I like to dress like a pretty girl
15 Year Member
Mar 4, 2003
Allentown, PA
I've searched with no luck. Does anybody know how to wire up the fog lights so that they can go on by themselves or with the parking lights and not have to have the headlight on? I know it's been done, but I can't find an atricle anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

does this solve the burning up problem that can happen with teh foglights on too??? cause my lights shorted ou,t caught fire and toasted the wires allthe way to the headlights...needed like a 200 repair...what a nightmare...
im afraid to touch stuff back there lol....and can u drive without the fogs? or once u do this u need foglights?

Well, if you run all new wires, and put a fuse in there it should be fine...
with a relay you have 4 things... in power, out power, switch, and ground. I think you know what the ground does, the in power will be power from battery/selenoid, out power will go to fog lights, and the switch will be a wire run into the car onto one side of a switch, then go to the fuse box to a fuse that has power when the car is on. Then when you flip the switch on the fog lights will be on, off when you flip it the other way. That way it will be independent of any other lighting devide and you should have no problems...

Black331Stang said:
does this solve the burning up problem that can happen with teh foglights on too??? cause my lights shorted ou,t caught fire and toasted the wires allthe way to the headlights...needed like a 200 repair...what a nightmare...
im afraid to touch stuff back there lol....and can u drive without the fogs? or once u do this u need foglights?

Yes, the COrral method will solve all the problems and does it neat and clean.