? for anyone with 4.10 gears

mustanglouie

Dec 30, 2004
Oakwood GA
I was wondering if anyone that went with 4.10 gears ever wish they wouldn't have went so low. I am looking into getting some gears for my car. It is my DD and it is a manual. I am 22 years old and love to go fast. Mileage is not a big thing for me. I bought a mustang for performance not gas mileage (although I get alot better gas mileage than my old 95 gt :) ). I just want to make sure that everyone with 4.10's is happy with there choice. Thanks
Lou

• Sponsors (?)

No regrets here. I use it as a DD and love the 4.10's. Didn't really notice a loss in mileage. Love the pickup it gave the car, completely different to drive now. Also makes 5th gear more usuable.

I find now that if I want to drive easy, I start off in 2nd move to 3rd then 5th. This works well around town.

I have 4.10's in my DD 07 GT Coupe (automatic trans). Absolutely love the gears. Also had 4.30's in my 03 Mach1, 4.10's in my '93 T-Bird 5.0L LX, 3.90's in my '68 GTO, etc.

My '07 GT still gets 24 mpg highway (long trips) and I only gave up 1 mpg in city driving (down to roughly 14 mpg in town), but likely because it is so much more fun to launch hard everywhere!

4.10's are absolutely perfect for an NA GT with the automatic. If I had the manual trans, and was staying NA, I'd go for the 4.30's (manual has a deeper overdrive).

Forced induction cars don't need as much gear. 3.55's or 3.73's depending on boost. So, if you plan to supercharge, turbocharge, etc., stick with milder gears.

I was wondering if anyone that went with 4.10 gears ever wish they wouldn't have went so low. I am looking into getting some gears for my car. It is my DD and it is a manual. I am 22 years old and love to go fast. Mileage is not a big thing for me. I bought a mustang for performance not gas mileage (although I get alot better gas mileage than my old 95 gt :) ). I just want to make sure that everyone with 4.10's is happy with there choice. Thanks
Lou

no regrets on my 4.10s. i also have a manual. i was also wondering if it was going to be too much for a dd, but to me they are perfect.

What is the cost of the install? It's going to be one of my next mods with the girdle. Just wondering what the cost might be? Thanks.

My install ran me $325 at a local performance shop. With just over 10K miles since then I haven't had a single issue. To me it was money well spent!

If your crazy about speed you might want to consider 4.30s. 4.10s made me very happy and my daily commute is 30 mins ALL highway. If your only doing city driving 4.30s would be a blast. My install was 500 but that included the price of the gears. I highly recomend taking to your local speed shop over the stealership.