? for those of you using NOS

I have the Zex 75-175hp and was wondering what is the best placement of the nozzle for max performance? I know it says from 6"-18" But I just installed a C&L Trueflow cai and really don't want to drill a hole in it, let alone in the wrong spot. I was thinking of a spot in the silicone hose conecters?? (just seperate the cast pieces a bit) If that didn't work I could replace it cheap.

• Sponsors (?)

66_stang said:
careful using zex, it's quite possibly the ****tiest kit out there.
I've used over 20 lbs so far w/75hp and 10 lbs w/100hp and no tune-no problems:D I have also put several holes in a few stock intake tubes looking for more hp. I'am just looking for some input before I put this in my new cia. I have the SCT-ll and will be getting a custom tune soon but I need to install the jet first.

66_stang said:
Have you actually had problems with a Zex kit or are you just spouting rumors like the rest. Myself and two friends use the Zex kit with no issues.
Bad67MF said:
I have the Zex 75-175hp and was wondering what is the best placement of the nozzle for max performance? I know it says from 6"-18" But I just installed a C&L Trueflow cai and really don't want to drill a hole in it, let alone in the wrong spot. I was thinking of a spot in the silicone hose conecters?? (just seperate the cast pieces a bit) If that didn't work I could replace it cheap.
You need to keep the nozzle a minimum of 6" from the throttle body. Having the nozzle too close will cause improper atomization of the fuel which may cause fuel puddleing in the plenum.

well alot of us have had problems..... in more than one instance with over a 75 shot...... and the fact that your running a 100 shot without a tune is playing with fire.... the nx kit kicks ass and there are no problems

66_stang said:

and what are you basing this theory on? I have a Zex kit on my mustang, a NX kit on my dodge, a NOS kit on my friends fox body and we have never had problems with any of them.

The electronics are almost identical, and the fittings are very similar, so I guess you have inside knowledge on how the structural proficiencies of the NX and NOS kits are superior to those of the ZEX kit. Or maybe it is that you just prefer a pretty blue bottle instead of a pretty purple one??

-- sorry I had to be a bit patronizing --

I am really tired of hearing well this one is better with no support, if you can come and explain why Zex is the worst kit without any holes in your hypothesis I will submit.

In any case I have seen stock motors run fine on 100 shot and seen mixed results with 120, so that said I only run a 100.

The NX is a plate kit that fits behind the throttle body. And does not have zexs controller box that cuts the fuel half way through 3rd because the stock fuel pump really cant keep up with the 120 shot. With the NX kit it makes you take the right road getting custom tuning which really should be done with all nitrous. For 200 dollars more I wouldn't mind having a better thought out kit.

baylor2010 said:
The NX is a plate kit that fits behind the throttle body. And does not have zexs controller box that cuts the fuel half way through 3rd because the stock fuel pump really cant keep up with the 120 shot. With the NX kit it makes you take the right road getting custom tuning which really should be done with all nitrous. For 200 dollars more I wouldn't mind having a better thought out kit.

The factory pump not keeping up is not necessarily true in my opinion. Check out Brenspeeds latest runs on the 150hp shot. I have had NOS, NX, Compucar, and Zex.... no problems with any of them. I have installed several kits on friends cars too, and have used all those brands, still no problems besides pushing them too far.