for those who said the 05+ cant sound live prev gen stangs...

• Sponsors (?)

actually the guy used some old 2chamber flows in place of the "stock" saleen muffs. saw it on another forum. the extra piping on the saleen(since its center exit) gives a bit of the hollowness to the tone. this makes me really want to buy some 2 chambers and weld em in before the axle.

actually the guy used some old 2chamber flows in place of the "stock" saleen muffs. saw it on another forum. the extra piping on the saleen(since its center exit) gives a bit of the hollowness to the tone. this makes me really want to buy some 2 chambers and weld em in before the axle.

Is that possible?

I hate the way the s197's sound, every exhaust combo sucks...even mine.

The reason our cars sound so different is the muffler placement. With our mufflers being behind the axle, we have short tailpipes. With the older Mustangs having the mufflers in front of the axle, they have longer tailpipes which proves the great sound.

There was a guy on I think MustangForums.com that actually bought the small tubular Dynomax mufflers and installed them in FRONT of his axle just like the Fox cars and then he removed his stock mufflers and installed true long tailpipes. TRULY sounded like an SN95 car.

really? that's cool as hell. The first exhaust manufacturer that puts out something like that will get my money. I don't even like the look of any exhaust for the s197...I have a 4" tip coming out of my MAC muffler which IMO opinion looks somewhat better then any other A/B...but I would much rather have the mufflers sitting in front of the axle.

Ford really had no choice with a full size muffler on the placement. The new and current law concerning fuel tank placement has to be in front of the rear axle. Thus the swapping of the muffler/tank placement. It has TOTALY changed the sound inside the car!!!!!

well i personally dont mind the drone, so when i can afford to do so, ill either buy flowmaster 2chambers and get them welded infront of teh axle or take my bassani race axle back and weld that muffler infront since it may fit better being they are tubular styled. then get slp loudmouths or a custom fabbed up pipe behind the axle.

yeah I'd like to weld my MAC mufflers in front of the axle if possible and then weld the tips that were on the mufflers on the piping coming our the rear. I wonder if you could route the pipes under the Axle like the Terminators?

yeah I'd like to weld my MAC mufflers in front of the axle if possible and then weld the tips that were on the mufflers on the piping coming our the rear. I wonder if you could route the pipes under the Axle like the Terminators?

Being a live rear axle, it wouldn't work when you went to jack up the car as the axle will come down and hit the pipes. To have the pipes low enough you would be looking at some serious ground clearance issues. It worked for the IRS due to the pipes running just under the rear differential which did not move.
t_irs.jpg

Attachments

• t_irs.jpg
    t_irs.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 122
really? that's cool as hell. The first exhaust manufacturer that puts out something like that will get my money. I don't even like the look of any exhaust for the s197...I have a 4" tip coming out of my MAC muffler which IMO opinion looks somewhat better then any other A/B...but I would much rather have the mufflers sitting in front of the axle.

Agreed. I have the MAC SS A/B on my Stang. I prefer cabin drone, although my son finds it a little irritating. I did not like the sound of any of the other A/B. They all exhibit a mid/high RPM whine that is difficult to tone down.

If I were keeping the S197, I would work further on the exhaust mods. But, I am getting rid of it in a few weeks, so no reason to dump any more $ into him. The 4" SS exhaust tip is a wee-bit aggressive on the ricer side. However, the sound makes up for it. :nice:

is this true? haven't heard anything about this before...

nevermind, i looked at their website, looks like they are going to produce it...spring of 2007 is what it says, but it's already spring...

by the way, i don't like the way it sounds, it's more quiet to me than what we have now, it don't sound like the older mustangs to me...maybe it's the muffler they are using?

nevermind, i looked at their website, looks like they are going to produce it...spring of 2007 is what it says, but it's already spring...

by the way, i don't like the way it sounds, it's more quiet to me than what we have now, it don't sound like the older mustangs to me...maybe it's the muffler they are using?

an O/R mid-pipe might wake it up:D

I just switched to SLP LM axlebacks along with my O/R prochamber is the closest I've heard to the previous Gen Stangs. No mufflers and a chamber at the H