Ford Agrees To Settle Intake Manifold Lawsuits

• Sponsors (?)

Great. Mine hasn't cracked. How long has the warrenty been extended? How will dealerships know that this "warrenty" has been extended?

This "warrenty" they talk of....what happens if a car is out of it's warrenty? How is this "warrenty" applied? This is fine news, but it leaves me with many, many, many questions.

stallion98gt said:
cool. great news. time to upgrade my intake manifold :)

I wouldn't run out and pay cash out of pocket to upgrade just yet. It didn't say they would pay if you decide dto upgreade. It said they would reimburse if you already paid (work order date will be checked I'm sure) or if you didn't have the receipt they would give a certain ammount, or extend some kind of warrrenty for when/if it breaks.

I want to see terms of this so-called warrenty. It must have soem kind of limits. Like a 100,000 miles limit or something. Like they did with the 3.8 head gasket fiasco a couple years back.

now how do the guys who swapped their own intakes because they knew the warranty time had expired get credit?....i wonder if they will get reimbursed if they show the new intake to a dealer for verification.

streetstang03 said:
soo.....we have to wait for it to crack and then we can have it fixed for free, or I can take it to the dealership BEFORE it cracks and get it fixed :scratch:

they are not gonna fix something thats not broken, atleast not for free!
you have to wait for it to crack, but its nice they are extending the warranty.