Ford Carlisle 2010 ***PICS THREAD***

• Sponsors (?)

View attachment 216093

4a2d3753.jpg

I'm SERIOUSLY considering that swap myself. The engine, hydroboost setup, computer and wire harness will run around $8,500. I'll still need a fuel system and accessories though too. It seems like a lot but the car should prove to be extremely streetable and up the cool factor by 10! I figure I can offset nearly all of that cost by selling my current setup and turbo kit. I was dead set on this swap until I drove the car to Carlisle as that drive reminded me of how streetable and fast my car is now.

Well guys I figured out why my car has been running so hot... The fan doesn't turn on haha. I checked it by turning the ac on max and it still doesn't turn on. I have a feeling it's either the ccrm or the fan motor itself. I'm going to try the ccrm first. Will this one work?
Relay Control Module by BWD - Part RCM12M - Advance Auto Parts

I've had the fan motor short out before and had to replace it, but it smoked and smelled like burning electronics when it happened. I haven't seen smoke or smelled burning so I am thinking it isn't the fan motor.

Yea I'm going to hook the fan motor up directly to the battery first to verify that it isn't the problem. Hopefully it's the ccrm because I found refurbished ones for $55 shipped, whereas the fan assembly is $120, and when I replaced just the motor it was a PITA

Paul do you mean the engine coolant temperature sensor that threads into the lower intake at the front driver's side corner? I don't even have that connected because I'm running an autometer water temp gauge. It doesn't seem like that sensor would trigger the fan to kick on?

Ok that makes more sense, I'll check into that. There's a chance that sensor could have been damaged during the 347 install. I think once I get the fan to work, the car should run around 190 or a bit less which I'll be happy with. If I can avoid having to go to an aluminum rad I will.

Nate is right. The ECT sensor is the one in the hard coolant line on the passenger side front of the engine. I don't know how to test it but I've personally had to do it three times and my cousin had to do it as well on his old '94GT.

Sorry to turn this thread into tech, lol...that's probably a rare occurrence for a talk thread to turn into tech... haha

Anyway, I'm going to pick up the sensor on the way home tonight and see if it does the trick. I'm not sure which one it is though.

Coolant Temperature Sensor by BWD - Part WT5058Z - Advance Auto Parts

Coolant Temperature Sensor by BWD - Part WT386Z - Advance Auto Parts

I'm pretty sure it's the first one, but I don't wanna waste the trip.

Oh and Paul you need to clear your PM's on here and SCS...I tried to pm you this post on both sites, so this was my last choice haha.