Ford Out of MyColor Gauges?

• Sponsors (?)

Wolfman064 said:
My thoughts exactly - now who do we call??

You should call your dealer, who should get in touch with Ford.

Ford's original estimates of IUP ordering levels were 50%. They also originally had leather wrapped steering wheels at least on all GTs IUP or not.

Well, lo and behold, for $450, it turns out that 80 freaking percent of the customers want IUP. Result: V6's cant be ordered with it for the time being, and they don't even have enough for all the GT's, so non-IUPs are getting produced first.....until they ramp up the parts pipeline.

Now Ford will be offering an IUP-lite, costing $195, that offers a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter, and maybe something else, but no MyColor and no aluminum dashboard thing.

Dealers will eventually get the word. Changing orders once their bucked may be difficult.

Rainz needs to take a friggen' pill. I don't think the original poster is saying this is a huge deal...his question is just a legit. as any other and deserves to be answered accordingly. There's no need to get sarcastic or nasty.

USArmyPhotog said:
Well, lo and behold, for $450, it turns out that 80 freaking percent of the customers want IUP. Result: V6's cant be ordered with it for the time being, and they don't even have enough for all the GT's, so non-IUPs are getting produced first.....until they ramp up the parts pipeline.

Didn't Ford just go through this back with the then-new IUP for the 2003 models?? :rolleyes:

I can't believe Ford did such a bad market demand estimate yet again for the exact same type of option on the Mustang. :notnice:

DraftHorsePower said:
lame. Do you think if i order my GT in december i will have a big problem getting the gauges and aluminum dashboard? :(

I ordered mine on 9/21 and don't even have a build date. "On hold for parts" is what it says. I'm 99% sure it's due to the color gauges.

Ugg.. what T's me off is that people who ordered around Halloween have delivery dates of end of this month.

So, anyone have a better estimate or is 6 months really the time that Ford will be getting the rest of the parts?

For the people who are posting saying the local dealer has a GT that has the color gauge option...I imagine it will be a month or so of Mustangs made before they run out, so it shouldn't be a big suprise if a GT or V6 made recently has them. But, if what jgoe said was true, then maybe Ford did not get anywhere near half the amount they needed.

jgoewert said:
I ordered mine on 9/21 and don't even have a build date. "On hold for parts" is what it says. I'm 99% sure it's due to the color gauges.

Ugg.. what T's me off is that people who ordered around Halloween have delivery dates of end of this month.

So, anyone have a better estimate or is 6 months really the time that Ford will be getting the rest of the parts?

damn that sucks. Well, i wouldn't be TOO bummed if that happened... if i end up getting a manual, it'll be way easier to learn to drive it when my town isn't covered in snow for 5 months... and i have a 99 to drive while i'm waiting. :shrug:

I don't think it would actually be like 6 months though, if the people that make them are out, i'll bet they're freaking out right now and frantically trying to get their crap together. Wouldn't you think?

nis350ztt said:
For the people who are posting saying the local dealer has a GT that has the color gauge option...I imagine it will be a month or so of Mustangs made before they run out, so it shouldn't be a big suprise if a GT or V6 made recently has them. But, if what jgoe said was true, then maybe Ford did not get anywhere near half the amount they needed.

Excellent point. :nice: Mustangs currently on lots with the my-color dash could have easily been built before their was a part supply problem.

Here's the latest from the Dealer news Bullitin:

MUSTANG (2005) – INTERIOR PACKAGE. (18G) COMMODITIES
INFORMATION **U.S.**
Please be advised, Interior Upgrade Package (18G) continues to be controlled and limited to
Mustang GT orders only. We are working to increase capacity on Interior Upgrade Package by
the 1st of the year.
Note: To support Mustang production for December, we are launching the new Interior Sport
Appearance Package (18R). Hero Cards with details have been mailed to your dealership as of
last week. This new package includes the 3-spoke aluminum leather-wrapped steering wheel
with aluminum shifter (automatic transmission) or leather-wrapped shift knob (manual
transmission). This new package will be available on Mustang GT and V6 models.
Please see New Pricing Actions page for pricing information.
We recommend ordering all Mustang GT units with one of these Interior Packages (18G or
18R).

05PhillyStang said:
what exactly is the message center? I've heard of it, but I'm not fimiliar w/it. Also, is it part of the color gauge?

It is part of the interor upgrade. where others just show miles and trip readings the upgrade shows miles till empty, avg MPH, avg MPG, Gallons used, engine run time, and a couple of other things.

The dealer where I bought my GT showed me a notice from Ford that stated that the IUP was delayed until after December because of supplier shortages. They suggested that dealers order a mustang mix that did not include IUP.

1bad99 said:
It is part of the interor upgrade. where others just show miles and trip readings the upgrade shows miles till empty, avg MPH, avg MPG, Gallons used, engine run time, and a couple of other things.

Thanks 1bad99. I just ordered my GT on Sat (11/13) w/the IUP. Hopefully, by the time my car gets a build date, and actually starts rolling down the line, the IUP issue will be resolved.