Ford said they wouldn't change my rear gears.

aj1025

Jul 4, 2003
Tyler Texas
I e-mailed my local ford dealership service dept. and asked them about changing out my gears, because a guy from canada had his changed out at his local ford dealer for about $200.00 U.S. dollars, which was about 4 hours of labor, not a bad price. So i e-mailed my ford dealer about changing my gears, well later yesterday the dealership mailed me back and said,"we can't change your rear gears because of E.P.A GUIDLINES and Regulations". I've never heard of such a thing, has anyone else?

• Sponsors (?)

Well when i heard about this guy having his changed out at ford for about $200.00 i couldn't really believe the price, mabey it's a canadian vs. american ford dealer policies thing. I guess i'll check on having gears changed out at Dallas Mustang.

I'm working on a project right now on my gt, i'm painting the panels that have the window and lock switches in the doors and painting the trim piece that goes in the center of the dash around the radio and shfter, i'm going to go for now and finish my project and check back later. Later.

03redfiregt said:
THere blowing smoke man. My dealer did my gears for me. It helps that my friend works in the parts department. But still. I got a sweet deal 200$ including parts. :banana:
:eek:
You're in Dracut, I'm in Lowell... think you could hook me up a little? :D

I've been wanting to get 4.10's but didn't find a good install price in MD... So I'm waiting for this spring before shopping around again :D $200 is an insane price, heck that's the price of gears and speed recal...

JonJon said:
if you get gears installed by Ford and something in the drivetrain breaks that normally would be covered under warranty, would they still give you a hassle over the gears and blame it on the gears?
:scratch:

Ford doesn't warranty aftermarket parts including Ford Racing parts.