Ford Tech Question

It is covering my ass! 2 years ago I sold a set of 4 tires, mounted and balanced. Offered a free alignment check and the customer declined and signed his paperwork. 9 months later he and his wife come in pissed off saying I sold him junk Michelins. They are pissed at us because the tires are worn and all. I look at them and look at his history and see he has put about 12k on the tires. I pull everything up and asked his wife to read aloud the tire install receipt. AFTER she verballs says customer declined a free alignment check, it was over as she looked at him with this pissed off look. I also mentioned that he never came back from his free rotations. My next question is how can I help you when I offered the chance to protect your tires and you declined, and now mad at me because you refused the service?

Silence and the wife apologizes and I sell them an alingment and rotate and balance.

• Sponsors (?)

All of this is scary, but when I go to my dealer they have been pretty good. I actually have some faith in them. Never tried to sell me stuff, but then again I know what I need and don't buy into service tricks.

Now I'm concerned about getting my KC clutch installed there. I'm debating between taking it there and a local shop where I know the manager, but I have a little concern about the local shop's abilities sometimes. If the manager did it I'd be fine bc I know he is good, but he probably won't. The same mechanics always work at the local shop, which is a good thing, but I was thinking ford should be better at installing a ford clutch. Price of work is about the same. I wish I could do it, but I don't really want to deal with dropping the tranny and all of that in my garage.

I think I'll just flip a coin and pray.

blackfang said:
It is covering my ass! 2 years ago I sold a set of 4 tires, mounted and balanced. Offered a free alignment check and the customer declined and signed his paperwork. 9 months later he and his wife come in pissed off saying I sold him junk Michelins. They are pissed at us because the tires are worn and all. I look at them and look at his history and see he has put about 12k on the tires. I pull everything up and asked his wife to read aloud the tire install receipt. AFTER she verballs says customer declined a free alignment check, it was over as she looked at him with this pissed off look. I also mentioned that he never came back from his free rotations. My next question is how can I help you when I offered the chance to protect your tires and you declined, and now mad at me because you refused the service?

Silence and the wife apologizes and I sell them an alingment and rotate and balance.

that is why i do all my repairs on my car unless its something major then its in for warranty work otherwise its me doing the repair.....but then again its only been in the dealer once for work on it.....:nice:

Put it this way me and the wife were looking at a caddy CTS-V ( yeah she not interested in the 6 cylinder, she wants the LS2 and 6 speed) for her next car and I am terrified by the thought of needing to bring it in for warrenty work.

Hell I won't let anybody work on my 700 dollar taurus daily driver or my mustang why the hell would I let somebody touch a 50k car. If we do buy it they are going to HATE me at the caddy dealer. I will take it apart to inspect the work done on it if any is needed.

I think I would seriously rather buy the parts in cash and fix it myself and say screw the warrenty unless it's something major.

svttech76 said:
Put it this way me and the wife were looking at a caddy CTS-V ( yeah she not interested in the 6 cylinder, she wants the LS2 and 6 speed) for her next car and I am terrified by the thought of needing to bring it in for warrenty work.

Hell I won't let anybody work on my 700 dollar taurus daily driver or my mustang why the hell would I let somebody touch a 50k car. If we do buy it they are going to HATE me at the caddy dealer. I will take it apart to inspect the work done on it if any is needed.

I think I would seriously rather buy the parts in cash and fix it myself and say screw the warrenty unless it's something major.

i see myself doing that in the near future even though i fix my car now and it still has warranty :) but whatevers