• Find a way to start it again!!

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Might hard to but find a way to make it Mustang of the month

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Screw it let it die no one cares anymore

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it is not a competition for nicest car anymore. it was like.. oh hey buddy, you need to win this month, i nominate you again. next month we will nominate this guy and he will win.

i can think of a handful of nice cars that weren't nominated nor did i nominate them.. reason? the guy with the beat up stock car will win cause he posts more.

• Sponsors (?)

it is not a competition for nicest car anymore. it was like.. oh hey buddy, you need to win this month, i nominate you again. next month we will nominate this guy and he will win.

i can think of a handful of nice cars that weren't nominated nor did i nominate them.. reason? the guy with the beat up stock car will win cause he posts more.

There honestly just are not enough worthy cars that belong to members who post daily to keep it interesting. There's a stipulation in the rules that the member nominated must be an active poster on the forums. FOTM was good for a little more than a year because, guess what? We have a little more than 12 people with mustangs who post religiously on here. There's no conspiracy theory behind it, it's common sense. Once we ran through the first 12-15 winners, it was like "Uh, okay. Well, I guess I'll nominate 25thmustang again." "Yeah, uh... okay I'll nominate DocG by default because he hasn't won yet." Once the contest went in that direction, it lost all excitement. I say let a sleeping dog lay and leave FOTM in the graveyard. It ran its course.

X2 :nice::nice::nice:

There honestly just are not enough worthy cars that belong to members who post daily to keep it interesting. There's a stipulation in the rules that the member nominated must be an active poster on the forums. FOTM was good for a little more than a year because, guess what? We have a little more than 12 people with mustangs who post religiously on here. There's no conspiracy theory behind it, it's common sense. Once we ran through the first 12-15 winners, it was like "Uh, okay. Well, I guess I'll nominate 25thmustang again." "Yeah, uh... okay I'll nominate DocG by default because he hasn't won yet." Once the contest went in that direction, it lost all excitement. I say let a sleeping dog lay and leave FOTM in the graveyard. It ran its course.

im with ya..

Well maybe instead of nominating people let the people enter themselves. You may have more than just the regulars post and vote. Oh and by the way ...all you people reading and not posting- why is that? :nono:
Come on join the fun throw in your pair of pennies let people see what you have. It shouldnt have to be a trailer queen to be voted for.
I appreciate effort more than result.

I like the play-off's idea. Each forum has their winners that all move on to another thread. Once a winner of all models is decided by vote, that car should get to do a little write up on their car that get's on the main page. I think that would be kind of cool. I think it died for all the reasons posted as well as the "what do I really get if I win"? I think opening it up to other forums would bring back a lot of interest. I don't have a classic or a 2010, so I don't generally surf other forums to see the nice ones.

Really? A little more than 12 people?

I think the problem lies with the admins of the FOTM being dedicated to the program. If the admins don't put the effort forward it dies quick.

It's too bad it's disappeared.

Why don't you step up to the plate and be the change you want to see in the world then? How was there no dedication by admins if nomination/poll threads were being created but no one was posting nominations OR voting?? Even when nominations were made, half of the dingbats would post one exterior picture and think it was an acceptable nomination, with no regard to the rules and regulations of the contest. I nominate Cobra912 for FOTM admin.

I was very dedicated! :fuss:

:D

And I agree.

I can't tell you how many times the nomination threads I started fell to the second page, I can't MAKE people nominate/vote

True.

Why don't you step up to the plate and be the change you want to see in the world then? How was there no dedication by admins if nomination/poll threads were being created but no one was posting nominations OR voting?? Even when nominations were made, half of the dingbats would post one exterior picture and think it was an acceptable nomination, with no regard to the rules and regulations of the contest. I nominate Cobra912 for FOTM admin.

Wow sensitive. Just pulling your chain.

Me as admin - I think not. I said it's too bad it disappeared but do I care enough to "change the world?" Not really - let it die.

like i said its a good idea but we dont have enough members to do it each month i dont think.

if you want ill manage a forum wide one. ill go post it in the squeaky wheel and we can have it any mustang. that way we have fox guys and sn guys, and classic mustang guys, ect, ect. id make the post in TSW first, then go make threads in the other forums reminding people to go nominate or vote, prolly have to set a limit on nominations

I could see like interior of the month engine of the month paint job of the month. Catagories like a car show with interior exterior and engine. Setting up a thread for each car nominated with points awarded for each catagory and at the end of the voting the most points wins. I think polls can be set up to allow more than one option to be clicked. I dont know, just sort of freestylin here

thats a cool idea