Fox Body "Convertible" Top Speed ???

Katmandu

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2002
Troy, Ohio
What speed can the TOP survive on a Fox Body Convertible ???? :shrug:

When I get to 120MPH, the wind noise is horrendous and I'm worried that the top will rip off my car!! :eek:

BTW, my 91 has a newer top that is sealed very well. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

a kid at the track i saw was running lo 12's and his top ripped right off. he was traping maybe 111 mph

id love to get my car to trap in the 110mph range!...

i think it's more so if your frame is stright...i know they guy that did my top spent about 3 hours getting it stight....i have abosulty no wind noise on the highway or when i went to the track with my 94 mph trap speed...

been 130 before without any worry for the top (worry for everything else though, most notably the fact I was going so gawdamn fast).

I'm sure there's plenty more to go

I've had it up to 110 with the top down. Want to talk about wind noise?!? It felt like the hand of Satan was going to reach out and pluck me out of the car.

For me, wind noise is apparent at even 50 mph depending on which direction the wind is blowing. Definitely a sign saying time for a new top, but I don't know if I want to keep my car long enough to warrant one.

Man you were there when I had the top down coming home from the track that one time and hwy47 where it was straight for miles. Keith gunned it and I let off right when I hit 135. Bout shat my pants:D