rb_dissasemble_1.gif

rb_dissasemble_2.gif

rb_dissasemble_3.gif

rb_dissaseble_4.gif

rb_dissaseble_5.gif

rb_axlein_6.gif

rb_complete_7.gif

rearandtire-m.jpg

An astute reader will notice that the last pic in the series is of the other side of the car.

For those interested, I just got done slapping on the Baer Touring kit on the rear. Went with Moser 5-lug axles, and Nitto 275s on 17" Chrome Cobra-R knockoffs.

Working on the M/C plumbing next (need to send my order in to Matt for his 3:2 kit :D )

Sorry for hyjacking the thread, but I just finished up all this crap, and felt like I had to show it off. :)

Well...you can show it off by leaving it out front of my house so I can...uh...study it ;)

Anyways, my 90 seems to break real good with little pedal effort. My moms 98 mustang seems to need a lot of pedal effort before it decides to slow down...

• Sponsors (?)

PRO50SC said:
It does sound like a booster problem. See if you hear vacume leaking when you hit the brake pedal, it will make kind of a whooosh noise.

I have replaced my calipers, rotors, pads, master cylinder, adjusted the rear drums and even drained the DOT 3 and put in DOT 4. I still can't lock up my tires when I slam on the brakes going 30mph (haven't tried at higher speeds). The pedal slowly goes the the floor at the car rolls to a stop. I thought I was just plain screwed until I saw this post. I have a really bad swoooosh when I apply the brakes. Is this really a sign of a bad booster?

i would change the booster or check the vacuum line. my brakes fade but i don't have any vacuum noise.the weather here really sucks i wish i could do a few test on the booster, maybe this weekend. why did ford take their time on rear disc brakes. i mean 1994 standard equipment!!!!!! seemed to work just great on the svo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks jason 89 gt

Toyota was putting rear discs and IRS on the '82 Supras. I had an '84 and that thing would easily have killed my stock suspension that was on my '92 GT. (great, now I sound like a ricer, but it's true). American manufacture's are usually late on performance upgrades. Probably because they are to cheap.

If you want to test your booster, just let it sit for about 15 minutes and go out and hit the brakes without starting it up. You should still have power assist. I still have it the next day. This indicates there are no vacuum leaks in the booster diaphram. If you read this thread carefully, this was already stated. Also, there were some other real good pointers you guys may have missed. Make sure the MC is level when bleeding the brakes. Thats easy to miss, but it can be a big deal.

I have 73MM Lincoln calipers up front, turbo coupe rear end with disks in the rear, 94 Mustang GT master cylinder. Add to that a Wildwood proportioning valve and a FMS kit for the stock proportioning valve. I got the 3-2 adapter from Matt90GT & the brake conversion instuctions as well. By the time I got through replacing the turbo coupe rear calipers and buying the other parts, I had about $400 invested. Well worth the money spent. I have much better brakes than stock and better than any car I have driven so far.

disconnected vacuum line from booster started car pedal was hard as a rock! connected vacuum line pedal had power assist. seems that booster is working fine right? should i bleed the system again i don't think the master cylinder was level could that be the problem? when i was bleeding the system fluid was flowing good that means the master and proporting valve is fine right? thanks jason 89 gt

91BlckGT said:
Yes. Fox brakes suck. That's why I did this:

rear_brakes-m.jpg

rb_dissasemble_1.gif

rb_dissasemble_2.gif

rb_dissasemble_3.gif

rb_dissaseble_4.gif

rb_dissaseble_5.gif

rb_axlein_6.gif

rb_complete_7.gif

rearandtire-m.jpg

An astute reader will notice that the last pic in the series is of the other side of the car.

For those interested, I just got done slapping on the Baer Touring kit on the rear. Went with Moser 5-lug axles, and Nitto 275s on 17" Chrome Cobra-R knockoffs.

Working on the M/C plumbing next (need to send my order in to Matt for his 3:2 kit :D )

Sorry for hyjacking the thread, but I just finished up all this crap, and felt like I had to show it off. :)
:nice: Sure looks pretty!!! :hail2:

I got my 87 brakes upgraded with the big calipers from a Lincoln, SS bushings, SS lines, Hawk hps friction material, slotted rotors, cobra MC, new hardware kit for rears. Only problem I have is that the right front locks up way too much sooner than left front! Matt90GT sent me an adapter which I have to try now that it is wet here and I can hardly stop it in the wet at all without locking up the right front.