fox door panels

Bolt on 5.0

Founding Member
Jun 26, 2002
Suffolk, NY
Hey am I the only one that dosnt like the fox door panels. I love my car but cant stand the interior. More specific, the door panels. No form and very plain looking. Anyone do anything nice to their panels. Besides just changine colors and mixed color scheme.

• Sponsors (?)

i like em lol. i like alan's more though! mine are just nice and clean and i got some billet handle bezels to match my gauges and cd player

I would like to reupholster the middle piece with some of that perforated leather looking material like in some 94+ stangs. Mine is tweed :notnice:

I took the map pockets off, replaced it with a copy of the shape wrapped in the original color vinyl, put a speaker flat through it to match my main interior color, and a speaker grill that contrasted w/the other half of my interior color.

Bad pic but you can get the idea:

door1.jpg

Attachments

• door1.jpg
    door1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 65
You could buy custom door panels on Ebay but they run around $300 bucks. Alan's look nice but I'm not going to try to put that kind of effort in mine. I'm just glad that my 88 doesn't come with map pockets!

That's cool Manson, good clean job. I did the same exact mine does not extend to the map pockets because my car did not come with them thankfully. It's just the bottom triangular piece. I cut out a piece from 1/8 plywood and wrapped it with black vinyl. Did the same with the piece right above the armrest. It was some cardboard type stuff so I used it as a template and made new ones for that too. Made a nice shift boot out of it too and reupholstered the seats in black vinyl and suede inserts, came out looking professional :D I'll try to take pics soon. I like yours a lot.

Yeah that's why I wouldn't want them is the saggyness. That's Always bad. Of course i'm sure new elastic could be fitted or other fixes. I just would never use them. Putting anything in them is unnecessary weight. ;) Notice my sig? =D

Just take the map pockets out (very simple to do), then take out the piece that held the map pockets on, take them somewhere and get them recovered in a different material of a different color if you want.