Front plate options

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
What do you guys do for mounting the front plate on your front bumper?

I plan on installing the Saleen bumper filler trim on my LX bumper, so i need to figure out something for my front plate. I have a vanity plate, so i do want to run it.

Is there a mount that mounts to the underside? And looks clean? Anyone got a push-button hideway mount?

• Sponsors (?)

I bent my plate and mounted it from under

here is a pic
Picture008.jpg

Mike, what you want is a "no-drill" front license plate bracket. They're made for 03-04 Cobras/Mach 1 and 05-09 'stangs, but I'm positive with your skills you could modify it to work for your purposes. The company is called "Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets" and the website is Welcome to Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets

Here's a thread they have on SVTP selling them, with pics: 99-04 Cobra/Mach 1 "No Drill" Front License Plate Bracket - SVTPerformance

and here are pics for those who can't see the thread:

DSC02285.jpg

DSC01177.jpg

CobraBracketSide.jpg

That was one nice thing about living in memphis no front plate required!Here in washington they are but i dont run it.Been stopped once told them i think someone stole it (i have personal plates) let me go no ticket.I've seen people put them on the back side of theyre sunvisor but that looks as tacky as putting a front plate on period! Can anyone explain why it's a law in most states for a front plate anyways????????peace

john:p

Can anyone explain why it's a law in most states for a front plate anyways????????peace

For cameras at toll booths and red lights pretty much.

I'm not a big fan of putting the plate on the dash or visor like i see a lot. There are height restrictions on where the plate is mounted, so they are still not legal..so might get a ticket even with them there. I'd rather run plateless and have a good story than stick my plate on the dash like every ricer near me does. :shrug:

Like i said before, i have a personal plate...so i'm not against the idea of running a plate..i just want it to be clean. I might look into that drillless plate hanger for the 03/04 Cobra. Should be able to figure out how to adapt that to an LX bumper. Thanks!

john:p[/QUOTE]

I just always had my plate and the mounting bracket sitting in the back seat. If i got pulled over I told them that it had fallen off earlier that day and I was going to get some screws to put it back on.:nice:
worked about 5+ times.

When I moved from Pa to Md I had to put one on my 99. I took a 87+ bracket and flipped it so the only holes I made were under the cover instead of under the cover and on the front on the cover. If you aren't against the plate why bother? Odds are if you sell it later you will sell it to someone else local who will need to put their plate in that location.
Andrew

If you aren't against the plate why bother?

Because I'm installing the Saleen bumper filler trim that goes over where it says MUSTANG on the LX bumper, so i'm losing the holes that were used to mount the plate.

I don't really want to drill into this peice...so i'm looking for a way to mount it underneath like on the cobra plate above.

I have alot of experience/trouble with a front plate..... personally im against it...

Look at chevys lineup... you really dont see too many camaro/corvettes with front plates... Heres my brothers camaro
View attachment 227841

A front plate would look just uglyyyyyy!!

BTW people that put there plates in the window are idiots.... A its illegal anyways.. youll still get a ticket.. and B. NOOO plate draws less attention that having it in the window like an idiot.... Ill never have a front plate.... im sorry im just really against it lol...

I did have that flip plate.. one for the front and one for the back ;) .... soo i guess if you had to use the front plate, my advice would be to buy the flip plate and not have to drill into the bumper!

I have alot of experience/trouble with a front plate..... personally im against it...

Look at chevys lineup... you really dont see too many camaro/corvettes with front plates... Heres my brothers camaro

A front plate would look just uglyyyyyy!!

BTW people that put there plates in the window are idiots.... A its illegal anyways.. youll still get a ticket.. and B. NOOO plate draws less attention that having it in the window like an idiot.... Ill never have a front plate.... im sorry im just really against it lol...

I did have that flip plate.. one for the front and one for the back ;) .... soo i guess if you had to use the front plate, my advice would be to buy the flip plate and not have to drill into the bumper!

Plate would fit perfect....that front end would be perfect for a snow plow:nonono: