Fuek pump not working? HELP!!!!!

SMOKEDYA

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Tucson AZ
Ok so yesturday i get in start the stang and i get ready to back out and it dies? So i try to restart it and nothing? then i get to thinking and i then turn on the key and the fuel pump isnt comming on? So i check the main fues in the box under the hood and it's blown? I reinstall a new one and it instantly blows again and again i've checked everything thing from A-B and nothing? Has anyone ran into this on a S/N 95 ? The only thing i have to get checked out is the CCRM "constant controll relay module" but it say's to get it checked at the dealer :nonono: . Any help would be great i've tried everything??????? peace

john :p

• Sponsors (?)

The fuse for the fuel pump is blowing instantly?

That means that one of any of the wires that runs off of that fuse has a short to ground.

Easy test. Get a wiring diagram, and figure out which wires are run off of that fuse.

With the fuse pulled out, disconnect all of the wires on that fuse. That way the wires are now isolated. Whichever wire is shorted to ground can now be found. Then probe all of the hot wires on that circuit with the pos lead of your DVM, and put the neg lead to any ground and set the DVM to a continuity test.

What you are doing is seeing which positive wire has continuity between it and ground. Once you find the the wire that has the short to ground, post back and we can go on from there.

Without knowing which wire is shorted to ground, I can't help you any further.
Scott

Scott is right. Also, if the fuse blows instantly when the car is off, I would start with the constant power wires in the FP circuit (namely the common terminal).
I am doing a little wire chasing myself - fun stuff. :)

Good luck.

well after 3 days of testing and everything in perfect order, i feel like a serious ass! Coime to find out it's not the fuel pump fuse or the fuel pump issue all together! :nonono: It's the EEC so now the chase is on for that? So once again is there any ideas that any of you can think of????? BTW what is a EEC? and where is it located at? I'm off to get another scamatic or to atleast find out where the EEC is. The EEC fuse blows and it automaticly cause the fuel pump not work for safty i'm assuming case they are tied in together. The fuel pump fuse is fine and has never blown i was lookoing at the wrong fuse :bang: peace

SMOKEDYA said:
well after 3 days of testing and everything in perfect order, i feel like a serious ass! Coime to find out it's not the fuel pump fuse or the fuel pump issue all together! :nonono: It's the EEC so now the chase is on for that? So once again is there any ideas that any of you can think of????? BTW what is a EEC? and where is it located at? I'm off to get another scamatic or to atleast find out where the EEC is. The EEC fuse blows and it automaticly cause the fuel pump not work for safty i'm assuming case they are tied in together. The fuel pump fuse is fine and has never blown i was lookoing at the wrong fuse :bang: peace

The EEC stands for electronic engine control, which is another term for your main computer. So 1 of 2 things. You computer is shorted out, or the wiring to the computer is shorted out.

And to be honest, I can't remember where the computer is on our cars. But I believe it's behind the glove box.
Scott