Fuel filler door - wtf

red65

Apr 12, 2003
Ann Arbor, MI
This is a minor gripe, but the fuel filler door on my '05 doesn't fit right - it doesn't line up with the body lines properly and never seems to close completely. Anyone else have the same problem? Know of an aftermarket resource for a billet filler door or something similar?

• Sponsors (?)

You know there has been alot of discussion about build quality on the Mustang right now. Basically the plant is running 24/7 to just try to keep up with demand. Because of this necessity to get as many orders built as possible, there is concern for just how quickly these things are being put together. I'm going to avoid a flame war by not touching the issues of just how efficient assembly workers are to begin with.

I was told the plant is not running 24/7. My dealer said there is no third shift and Ford doesn't plan to add one. Makes sense if you think about it. A third shift costs more money. Would reduce demand and might put prices back down to sticker. Increased cost, lower prices. I couldn't blame Ford for keeping demand up and its cost as low as possible.