Fuel Pump Wiring Question

Leezure

May 10, 2005
I am wiring in my fuel pump and found that the yellow wire in the fuel pump harness (at the pump) provides power when the ignition is switched on. It only provides 7.88 volts (not a result of a bad ground). Does anyone know where this wire traces back to and where the step down in voltage occurs?

Remember... I have removed the CCRM and PCM completely and am only looking to provide twelve volts to the yellow wire (at the pump) keeping the inertia switch intact.

Thanks for the help!

• Sponsors (?)

There is a yellow wire in the harness for the EEC relay, but not in the FP harness AFAIK.

We dont know how you wired your car up (I would guess that if you ditched the CCRM, you installed an SPST relay to carry the current to the pump). Is this wire you're having issues with on the control side or load side? The inertia switch is on the load side IIRC, and an excellent place to look for a voltage drop like that, if applicable (look for 12 volts going into it, and only 7.XX coming out).

Otherwise, post up more specifics if you can, so we can get you the info you need.

Good luck.