Fuel System Is Finished!

04sleeper

Founding Member
Jun 22, 2002
Dallas, TX
So it got my fuel system installed. Fore Hat, Twin GT Pumps, -8 Line, Duel FPDM's.

Had a few hang ups but all in all it went well and is Done!

Dropped the stock tank. (I was able to drain all the fuel with a tune I uploaded so I didn't even need a jack. Thanks Ed from RWTD for the tip!)
272824.jpg

And removed the stck fuel hat & pumps.
272825.jpg

A good comparison of the stock fuel hat and the Fore hat.
272826.jpg

You have to cut the wiring off the stock hat. The yellow and black wires are for the fuel level sending unit and have to be reconnected.
Here I soldered them to my plug harness and heat shrinked them.
272827.jpg

The stock power and ground wires for the pumps are not used in this set up so I just heatshrinked them and pushed them back into the insulation.
272828.jpg

Here is the completed Fore Hat with the stock fuel sending unit. (It looks so good it's almost a shame no one sees it.)
272829.jpg

And finally I dropped the hat back into the tank.
272830.jpg

Here are the Eaton connectors I used. They are zinc plated steel and are very heavy duty. (I had to replace one because it was defective. Thanks Xtremejc! You are the man!)
272831.jpg

272832.jpg

272833.jpg

Here is the -8 line and fitting attached to the rail.
272834.jpg

I ran it through the inner fender well like the stock lines are routed.
272835.jpg

272836.jpg

Here is the completed Dual FPDM Harness all hooked up and ready.
272839.jpg

I zip tied the harness along the stock harness in the trunk.
272837.jpg

And ran the wires through the hole in the wheel well.
272838.jpg

Here is the hat all connected ready to be put back in.
272840.jpg

272841.jpg

And finally the tank back up!!!! :banana:
272842.jpg

Now I just need to do some datalogging and dial the tune back in.

Then I may up th boost to 19 Psi. :jester:

• Sponsors (?)

Are you still running stock injectors? I believe I am gonna do everything you just did except I may just get the whole dual kit from Lethal Performance. :shrug:

I ask about the injectors because I know you said I should get the 80's since I am planning on the same boost level. I am still thinking of the 3.4 Whipple but it needs new fuel rails too :(

I'm running 60's with 17psi on a 2.3L Whipple. Looks nice, Kevin, where are your numbers now iwth 17psi?

I just ordered some poyl diff bushings, front and rear, a short throw handle, because I just have the solid bushings in the stock handle on a Hurst shifter....and I ordered the diff brace. I'm gonna install all those at one time with the Nittos.

Your rear diff bushing is still the stock rubber correct? I'm hoping I can drill mine out and replace it with no trouble.

I'm running 60's with 17psi on a 2.3L Whipple. Looks nice, Kevin, where are your numbers now iwth 17psi?

I just ordered some poyl diff bushings, front and rear, a short throw handle, because I just have the solid bushings in the stock handle on a Hurst shifter....and I ordered the diff brace. I'm gonna install all those at one time with the Nittos.

Your rear diff bushing is still the stock rubber correct? I'm hoping I can drill mine out and replace it with no trouble.
Spend $50 for the MM kit and it has all three diff bushings as well as the tool to remove the rear one. :nice: Thats the one I am gonna order this week.

Do you know the duty cycle on the 60lb injectors at your power level? I want about 50 more HP then that and plan on 19lbs off the Whipple. Unless I get the 3.4 then I will run 17psi but should still be around 650 ish :shrug:

Are you still running stock injectors? I believe I am gonna do everything you just did except I may just get the whole dual kit from Lethal Performance. :shrug:

I ask about the injectors because I know you said I should get the 80's since I am planning on the same boost level. I am still thinking of the 3.4 Whipple but it needs new fuel rails too :(
No, I have 60 lb injectors. But for the same price as the 60's you can get the high impedance 80's. (It will not hurt you any having a bigger injector, and it gives you room to grow)

No way you need 80lb injectors, Laser.
That's look pretty complicated, more than mine and i'm set-up for two external pumps to one feed line.
What size feed line is that anyways? Seems small, -8?
It is a -8 line. That's not small. The system is not complicated at all actually. The stock returnless fuel system used 1 FPDM and this uses 2. (One for each pump like the Ford GT and GT500)

17 psi and 18 degrees timing it made 592 SAE and 608 STD. I am @ 19 psi now and I have not had it back to the dyno yet, but I'm sure its over 600 SAE.

Yes, I still have the stock rear diff bushings.

Looking great!!!! I need the exact same thing.....wanna come do mine? :D
Sure! LOL...

Spend $50 for the MM kit and it has all three diff bushings as well as the tool to remove the rear one. :nice: Thats the one I am gonna order this week.

Do you know the duty cycle on the 60lb injectors at your power level? I want about 50 more HP then that and plan on 19lbs off the Whipple. Unless I get the 3.4 then I will run 17psi but should still be around 650 ish :shrug:
60's will get you plenty of fuel, but the 80's are the same price and don't require harness adapters. (Although you can buy 60's without the harness' now. They were not out when I bought my injectors.)

Either one will be fine Bill. 60 or 80's. :nice:

Give me a call if you want to discuss it more.

Thanks Kevin. I will be calling you when I am within a week of ordering everything :nice:
I have a terriable memory and will prolly forget :p
I will go with the 80s just to have wiggle room.

I would love to know what you are putting down now as we will have the exact same setup (do you have longtubes?) and running the same boost levels so we should be on par :nice:
Are you running the 2.75 on the Whipple now?
Also, does anyone make blue pullies? I know I can get the idler pullies like that but is there one for the S/C snout?

It is a -8 line. That's not small. The system is not complicated at all actually. The stock returnless fuel system used 1 FPDM and this uses 2. (One for each pump like the Ford GT and GT500)
Yeah, im not sayin -8 is small - just looks small. Maybe it looks complicated because of all the wiring, mine required little but a whole bunch of an fittings.

I was able to find 60lb injectors for a lot cheaper than 80's, myself.

Thanks Kevin. I will be calling you when I am within a week of ordering everything :nice:
I have a terriable memory and will prolly forget :p
I will go with the 80s just to have wiggle room.

I would love to know what you are putting down now as we will have the exact same setup (do you have longtubes?) and running the same boost levels so we should be on par :nice:
Are you running the 2.75 on the Whipple now?
Also, does anyone make blue pullies? I know I can get the idler pullies like that but is there one for the S/C snout?
No problem Bill. Just give me a shout when you are ready and I will help you out.

I am running a 2.75 on my Whipple now. But with a Gen 2 a 2.75 will net you around 22 PSI or so. (I have a Gen 1 Whipple)

I do not have long tubes. Long Tubes will lower your boost by about 1-2 lbs of boost or so.

I think Whipple makes custom colored pulleys, but you would have to call them direct to get them. (I know I have seen blue pulleys on the tour pics that Lethal took when Jared visited the factory.)

Yeah, im not sayin -8 is small - just looks small. Maybe it looks complicated because of all the wiring, mine required little but a whole bunch of an fittings.

I was able to find 60lb injectors for a lot cheaper than 80's, myself.
Got ya! :nice:

Yeah, the 80 lb injectors are $395 shipped and are high impedance and don't require harnesses either. They are hard to beat for the price and just drop right in. :nice:

No problem Bill. Just give me a shout when you are ready and I will help you out.

I am running a 2.75 on my Whipple now. But with a Gen 2 a 2.75 will net you around 22 PSI or so. (I have a Gen 1 Whipple)

I do not have long tubes. Long Tubes will lower your boost by about 1-2 lbs of boost or so.

I think Whipple makes custom colored pulleys, but you would have to call them direct to get them. (I know I have seen blue pulleys on the tour pics that Lethal took when Jared visited the factory.)

Got ya! :nice:

Yeah, the 80 lb injectors are $395 shipped and are high impedance and don't require harnesses either. They are hard to beat for the price and just drop right in. :nice:
The 60's are high impedance and clip right in as well.

The 60's are high impedance and clip right in as well.
Yeah, he pointed that out a couple posts ago. How much can you find me a set of high impedance 60 lb injectors for? I can get the 80s for $399 shipped. If its a big difference then I may save a few bucks but if its only $30-$40 I will just get the 80s. Lower duty cycle FTMFW!!! :rock: