functional hoodscoops for 01 GT

• Sponsors (?)

My Works

hidalgoGT said:
Im interested in making the hoodscoop on my 01 GT functional. I was curious if anyone has already made this modification, and if they have any words of wisdom.

What i did i have a 01 gt and a long time back K&N made a Kit for it that made it work so i kinda did the same sorta thing...

i just drilled holes in the front of my scoop then drilled holes in the hood and removed the v-6 hood part that looks like you should remove iti just have cold air going in the i i have a CAI on so i just wanted the looks soon i will put a red light in there wired to my alarm so when the car is off and alarm is on it blinks...Ha Ha Ha

it's already functional....

of course it's only function is to make the car look better :rlaugh:

really, with the shape of the current Mustang's air intake track it doesn't make too much sense to put a functional hood scoop in the center of the hood ;)

claytucc3 said:
Lots Of Work And Cutting Not To Mention In The Hood Blanket. There Are Not Any More Kits That I Am Aware Of But It Is Still Cool. Also It Won't Give You Any Horsepower So It Will Be A Pure Cosmetic And Cool Thing

it wouldnt be alot of work really, you would want to do it on an unpainted hood, cut it, paint it after, and the hood blanket would be useless with a scoop, so you dont need it :nice:

Functional "Ram Air" kit by KarKraft offers big power gains over stock. Kit includes

:bs: I bet you'd only gain 1-2. It would be alot better to say "yeah my stock ricer hood is FUNCTIONAL beyoch!" But then you have to answer for the sidescoops. :mad:

edwardohaskillo said:
Well, you could run dryer ducts allllll the way from your side scoops to your air box...:D
those would look SOOO SWEET hanging under your car! Put neons in them to make them glow! Imagine all the attention from da ladies! :eek:

[/sarcasm]:rlaugh: