FUNNI STORY THANKS TO MY FRIEND

SIRRWANYEH

May 9, 2004
Hey yall.....i got a CAI about 6 or 7 months ago and i was so hyped bout putting it on...it was my first performance part and i had no idea about anything related to engines and cars at the time....and i was soon to find out neither did my friend....i asked my friend if he could help me hook up my CAI since i always heard him talking bout the work hes done on his friends imports and what not :notnice: and he said no problem. I go over to his house over the weekend and we pull out the old system and hes explaining everything to me...and then we go to bolt the new one on....it was fairly easy to install.....but when it came time to put the fender wall on he said we shouldnt......that its better without it and he never puts it on...so im thinking ok he knows what hes talking about his and his friends cars are pretty fast and upgraded so ok....we finish everything and lukily (just in case) we saved the old system and put it in my trunk........now it was time to test drive the bad boy.....
......it drove awsome...i noticed the gains in hp and the sound.....also pulled over and felt the piping and it was infact 'cold' ...i was happy with it.....i let my friend drive it so he could see the difference and he was pleased too......i get back in the drivers seat to drive the rest of the way home and im going an avg high speed not too fast and all of a sudden i hear this POP!!!! REAL LOUD...and a loud sucking noise and im like wtf.................................

...........my filter had fallin off and and rolled into the middle of a busy ass street......and of course i bought a cheaper intake so the filter was custom fitted so i had to go get it.....i pull over and im runnin downhill to go pick it up and as soon as i get about 15 feet from it a big A$$ truck ran over it ....squashing it flat right in front of my eyes......needless to say back on went the stock system and never again will my friend work on my car :bang: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)