G-force T-5 - TKO's Opinions

Yobi1Kanobi

Apr 9, 2003
Like in my other Post I am building a 347. With a powerdyne 9 #s.

My post is on opinions on these transmissions.

G-FORCE T-5
TKO TREMECS

my t-5 is going to check out soon even though it was just rebuilt last year. it is just to much HP. It isnt cheap either way you go but I would prefer the G-force due to that it fits so well in the tunnel without any modifications. If anyone has these G-forces let me know since I know the tremec tko is a stout piece but it has its down fall like brass sync. and the expense of the conversions...But they are proven:nice: :notnice: I need something :uzi: proof

• Sponsors (?)

If I bought a new tranny, I would go for a 6-speed, depending on the gearing, the MPG gain, and uasage, the 6-speed might pay for itself. One of the only things you can do to your car that actually SAVES you money.

Are you installing it yourself?

I asked the same question the other day and the responses I got were all in favor of the g-force. Yobi, do you have pics of your car? Looks good in your avitar. One reason I like the g-force is I can reuse my B&M ripper and bellhousing.

SWYZ721 said:
If I bought a new tranny, I would go for a 6-speed, depending on the gearing, the MPG gain, and uasage, the 6-speed might pay for itself. One of the only things you can do to your car that actually SAVES you money.

Are you installing it yourself?

Not just any 6-speed gives a drop in mileage. You have to get the viper spec tranny....and that = $$$$$$$$$. The "standard" 6-speed as a overdrive similar to tremecs and g-force tranny's.

I love my tremec. And threads like this

http://corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=732809&page=3&highlight=tremec+vibration

Seem to have all the "bugs" worked out of them that come along. But honestly, i dont think u would be disappointed with either, my decision was much easier since g-force was back ordered for quite a long time last summer when i needed one.

I just read that whole thread from the corral from the start:nonono: .My friggin head is spinning.LOL.Lots of good info though.I'm not sure about the G-force but the TKO is not just a bolt in tranny if that helps you decide which one to use.As you can see by that thread the TKO need special attention when installing which I didnt give it.Whatever I did wrong I had the high speed vibration and turned a kingcobra clutch to dust in like 13000 miles.I'm in the proccess of pulling mine now to start over but when the car was running the trans felt real good shifting through the gears.A little notchy but a good notchy(if that makes any sense).TKO comes with a shifter also.

Good point but its the realiablity of the G-force that im questioning the TKO is not just a bolt on..The only thing I know about g-force is what ive read or heard at the stores..

Yeah Im doing the swap myself.. i just took the whole engine out..I have taken the old t5 out like four times.

yobi1kanobi said:
Good point but its the realiablity of the G-force that im questioning the TKO is not just a bolt on..The only thing I know about g-force is what ive read or heard at the stores..

Yeah Im doing the swap myself.. i just took the whole engine out..I have taken the old t5 out like four times.

Well...company wise i think i trust Tremec before G-force in terms of standing up to their warranty and product. I've heard that g-forces take some "extra" work to get them to perform where they need to be. Some places do it...others dont. This is coming from the owner of Liberty transmissions who sells both trannies.

I think the g-force might have a advantage at shifting at much higher RPMS...not sure what your combo is gonna be. Im pretty sure its not a issue until u get into the 7+k shifts.

I guess that true. I just ? the t5 housing it doesnt seem as strong as the tremec. not to say that that might be an issue but it something to think about. They are both about the same price when i priced it.

yobi1kanobi said:
I guess that true. I just ? the t5 housing it doesnt seem as strong as the tremec. not to say that that might be an issue but it something to think about. They are both about the same price when i priced it.

If you really get serious you can always go to a shop and have them weld up some bracing around it. Go to an NMRA race and see where and what those guys are welding to the stock T5 casing. Otherwise people say it can be used up to 650hp

red ink said:
Did someone mention a warrenty? lol :nono:

yobi1kanobi said:
:rlaugh: I havent heard of any waranty on any very little parts they just blame it on improper install or use somehow they advertise it with big loopholes:bs:

:rolleyes: Obviously there is little to no warranty on performance parts...especially parts you install yourself. But what are you going to do if you get a defective tranny that is bad from the get go? Thats what i was referring to. I have heard that G-force doesnt have the best customer service and the owner of http://www.libertysgears.com/ sells both g-force and tremec. He said Tremec is much better in terms of handling "issues" that could arise and that he would feel better with tremec in terms of backing up their product.

One thing a lot of people dont notice on the G-Forces is to handle all the power they claim you have to buy the upgraded mainshaft, which adds like 300 bucks to the overall price. That brings it realy close to the cost of a TKO which is another reason i went TKO. And my TKO is quiet as can be.

WhiteDevil said:
One thing a lot of people dont notice on the G-Forces is to handle all the power they claim you have to buy the upgraded mainshaft, which adds like 300 bucks to the overall price. That brings it realy close to the cost of a TKO which is another reason i went TKO. And my TKO is quiet as can be.

Good point on the mainshaft. And im another satisfied TKO owner. Mine is just as quiet as the T-5 was.:nice:

nmcgrawj said:
Whats up with that? Can they not keep up? Same thing happened last summer...but it was for longer than a month...:nonono:
i have no idea man, crazy! ud think with all the money they make, cause you knwo they make a killing, at grinding gears, they would know when they have 2 left in the box they need to make more!